Dave

10 Years with Combat Ace

I want to thank Dave , my mentor in modding, together we created some of the greatest and most detailed campaign mods for SF ( at the time) and also for being a founding member of the site. Erik deserves a huge thank you , without Erik this site simply would not exist , thanks Erik for being a good friend and the man that makes everything go . Also Fates who was instrumental in making the site what it is today. And all the other mods as well as members that make this a great community .

Happy anniversary to us!

Thanks guys and all community. Wish equally good next decade. :drinks:

Happy 10th Anniversary Combat Ace!! Thank you everyone for making this such a great site especially for TW sims! :clapping::clapping::drinks:

I know I am still new here, yet I am happier to have known this place was here.

I have used many a flight sim website and nothing compares to Combat Ace not even close. I have made a few friends and the experts here are excellent and helping along those that are new to modding.

Congrats on 10 years and the future is bright.

Semper Fi

Really a long way .... well done and lots of appreciation for the stamina, giving spirit, and persistance over all this time. I first came here back in the days of http://www.bobsyouru...t/mcflyhome.htm (its nice to see ths still being kept up) and Jane's USAF .... SF was just out and i was dividing my forum time between McFly's and biohazcentral (All the best to MadJeff too) ... Jane's USAF, LOMAC, SFP1, F4 .....

drinks.gif

Edited by squid

Many congrats on this success story - may it long continue :drinks:

Military aviation is all Salute.gif

hear hear. CA must be doing something right. Paradoxically, for a site about combat it seems to have a far less confrontational style than other forums. There's a strong community ethic of self censorship and a low tolerance for trolling, the playing field is level. It's much better for the online community as a whole.

as for the future; as long as we remember why the site was started, it should continue. As long as the community continues to support it, it should survive what the next ten years will throw at it.

The Big 10 and many more years! Thanks for the site and all the individuals that made this possible.

Salute.gifclapping.gifgood.gifdrinks.gif

Ace888

It's been 10 years already? Wow! I was a member and staff member when it was biohazcentral. Hard to believe it has been that long. I have enjoyed being a part of this, and hope to for many years to come. Thanks to everyone who makes this great community what it is today, and here's to 10 more. drinks.gif

Happy birthday and thank´s

Congratulations to Mk2, Erik, Dave and Fates, for an extraordinary achievement. Ten years is a primary milestone in any business, but for an internet website community, this is well near an eternity. :salute: For all the money spent, the many hours given and the many headaches and frustrations, I thank you all for your kind and generous efforts. :drinks:

You have given us all a place to have virtual community and comradeship. For some, this has even turned into Real Life™ friendships. Along the way, CombatAce also became the 2nd Home™ of many Old Guard™ simmers; I won't attempt to name them, there are too many to list and I would feel bad if I missed someone. You know who they are. Some have come and gone, many are still around. Still, through all of life's ups and downs, CombatAce has stayed in place as a primary source of information, inspiration, mods, updates and community.

CombatAce; a Shining City on a virtual hill.

Thanks to all involved... :cool:

Ken "Major Lee" Golden

Edited by Major Lee
  • Like 1

happy anniversary and i wish CA many more 10years, thanks all!

:salute:

:good::drinks:

Congratulations to Mk2, Erik, Dave and Fates, for an extraordinary achievement. Ten years is a primary milestone in any business, but for an internet website community, this is well near an eternity. :salute: For all the money spent, the many hours given and the many headaches and frustrations, I thank you all for your kind and generous efforts. :drinks:

You have given us all a place to have virtual community and comradeship. For some, this has even turned into Real Life™ friendships. Along the way, CombatAce also became the 2nd Home™ of many Old Guard™ simmers; I won't attempt to name them, there are too many to list and I would feel bad if I missed someone. You know who they are. Some have come and gone, many are still around. Still, through all of life's ups and downs, CombatAce has stayed in place to as a primary source of information, inspiration, mods, updates and community.

CombatAce; a Shining City on a virtual hill.

Thanks to all involved... :cool:

Ken "Major Lee" Golden

good.gif

I had the other day some rare for me short memory restart and few things / people of back in the days came to me, although not related directly with CA, i wonder whats with them now. Deuces, who made i think the first terrain mod? some Beamrider dude, Mustang whos first (ever?) max tutorials on building a plane are still used today. I am more than happy to see key people and their work still here for and with us.

Wow it seems we don't read the News section too often, just saw this in SF2 GD forums...

I was a member of Biohazcentral, really that much time passed? Wow...

I was also a member of Biohaz, that was a long time ago.

Way back .... February 2001

ca_01.PNG

I think that site above was when MJ was into MAME.

Here are a few of my favorites from the early days.

bannertest5_1024.jpg

logo5.jpg

Wow, was doing a quick search on MadJeff tonight and stumbled across this post. Has it really been 10 years?! I'm not ashamed to admit I have a lump in my throat reading through the thread, as Biohaz and it's awesome members were a huge part of my life for quite a few years.

When I first started the site, I just wanted a create a friendly place without the drama of some of the other sim sites on the web. It is absolutely amazing to me how this site started out as a place for me to hang out with others that liked wasting our spare time on our sim hobby, and over the years turned into something so much more. And as it was back then, it's the users that make the site what it is. I'm just glad I had some small part in helping make a place where sim lovers could hang out, have fun and make friends.

Even though I don't stop by very often anymore, I still remember many of you with fond memories. Well, maybe some not so fondly... :) But you all made it interesting! And Fates buddy, everyone really needs to thank you for all the times you kept me going and on track when I'd just about had enough. There were many others members as well that helped carry the load.

MK2 and Erik, you can really be proud of what you accomplished here! I still remember our initial conversations when I had decided that I could not keep up the pace anymore and was ready to shut down. I had told myself I would rather close it down than have someone else run it into the ground, but the more we talked, the more I felt I was passing the torch to someone that would really take things to the next level. Looks like I chose wisely...

Here's to another 10 years! :good:

Damn that first site design was hidious! But the second one still doesn't look too bad. But hey, I'm biased! :biggrin:

MJ it's good to see you around, we kept the grand poobah's seat warm for you.

I can't remember where we were back then but I do remember downloads counted in the hundreds of thousands today we're reaching almost 5 million. :yikes:

talking about lump in throat. (although i have been something more of a quirky and ghost member and simmer all these years, realizing the size of the time passed, all the nostalgia, and see the nice people still being more or less around here, - eg hearing from MJ -, what to say. Just would had been nice to have met many of you in person)

Edited by squid