Good day all, i´ve been trying to create more Flogger skins and for East German AF, they had the habit of place a special condecoration for a well mantained and service aircraft, they painted an special award mention; Now i´m creating a skin for an LSK plane and want that decal to be shown jusn in specific AC, like in the second pic, but once in the runway, the damn decal won´t show as in the first pic. can this be made possible? and most important, how can it be done? the decal i want is shown in pic 3.

TIA.

Edited by FLOGGER23

Where are you stuck? Creating the decal (a tga file), or putting the appropriate entries into the decals.ini?

What you’re trying to do is possible, because I made something similar in the form of the red ’excellence award’ used on Soviet planes and it works.

I have achieved such effect by making a decal and applying it as a Level 2 decal (in decals.ini --> DecalLevel=2).

So if you want the decal to show for example on the 3rd, the 5th, the 7th aircraft in the sequence of total 10, just make 10 TGAs as follows:

1st TGA - empty transparent tga file

2nd TGA - empty transparent tga file

3rd TGA - with the decal you want

4th TGA - empty transparent tga file

5th TGA - with the decal you want

and so on...

Of course the TGAs should be named for example TGA000, TGA001, TGA002, TGA003 and so on up to TGA009 (if you have a total of 10).

May be that's not the smart way to do it, but it worked for me.

using level 2 for award, you only need to create the ones you want to show; you don't need the fillins between

award004.tga

award007.tga

award011.tga

etc

like so. the game will just load those, and skip the blanks. Done it with nose arts hundreds of times...

I have achieved such effect by making a decal and applying it as a Level 2 decal (in decals.ini --> DecalLevel=2).

So if you want the decal to show for example on the 3rd, the 5th, the 7th aircraft in the sequence of total 10, just make 10 TGAs as follows:

1st TGA - empty transparent tga file

2nd TGA - empty transparent tga file

3rd TGA - with the decal you want

4th TGA - empty transparent tga file

5th TGA - with the decal you want

and so on...

Of course the TGAs should be named for example TGA000, TGA001, TGA002, TGA003 and so on up to TGA009 (if you have a total of 10).

May be that's not the smart way to do it, but it worked for me.

This method works without the empty decal files. In case of your example, all you need is the appropriately numbered decals for the 3rd, the 5th and the 7th aircraft.

Edited by Blade

Thank you both, good to know, will save some space on my HD :grin::drinks:

I still got no luck, will try to re do the decal, but still is not showing.

Do you already have two decals on that side of the object? If so, you won't see the third.

If you are already doing this on a level 2 basis, why not combine the award logo on the same decal with the aircraft number? Unfortunately, it's not as flexible a solution as what you are trying, but it doesn't add any decals either.

EDIT: A thought on my technique. If you go that route, you may need to set the decal numbers offcenter, then place the award in the decals you wish. You will then likely need to adjust your placement in DECALS.INI accordingly.

Edited by HomeFries

If you place a decal with say roundel and award just centre that in the tga layer ...

I did that on the BF109 it had cross and chevron ...so dec SN011 say, had unique decal for a set a\c.

I still got no luck, will try to re do the decal, but still is not showing.

Take a look at Paulos NVA / LSK skins he already did it with the "Q"s.