mikeymead

Thinking about adding water cooling.

Hi, currently using the stock Intel CPU cooler on my i7/920 and thinking about changing this to water cooling.

Anyone got any experience of these kits or recommendations, really interested in long term reliability issues.

Many thanks,

Mikeymead.

Mineral oil submersion is the way to go.

Antec and Corsair offer some great all in one cpu coolers. i use an antec cpu water cooler on mine and it keeps the temp down even when i use overclocking. they are very easy to install and come with fans, radiator, and cpu fan. personally, i prefer the antec cooler. it is easier to install. any questions let me know.

I've had the Asetek 120MM watercoolers (Antec and Corsair teamed with Asetek to create their own versions of the same thing) on my last two game PC's. The Asetek 120MM on my overclocked i7 975 more than handles all of the heat and is quiter than an aircooled heatsink to boot.