WOW! Amazing detail, love it !!

Hello all!

another major update ...

The seat is the only thing that's left (modelling done, needs mapping and texturing). From there on it's placing the gauge needles and writing up the cockpit.ini

Who knows? by the end of the week I may get back into the external model after a year's absence (woeking on the cockpit)!!

Hope you like!

post-37542-0-42853200-1375091709_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

fabulous work!!!

As said before, superb work.

Best regards from Tilos

Dag

As said before, superb work.

Best regards from Tilos

Dag

Cheers Dag!!

Thanks Centurion,

I already have these and about 1000 other references (spend hours over photos and plans). I'm trying to make her as accurate as possible (both inside and out!!)

• Like 1

I really hope there will be a model with arresting hook and dual blade antennas under the nose, like tail no 207, shown in Centurion's links :-)

Best

Dag

I really hope there will be a model with arresting hook and dual blade antennas under the nose, like tail no 207, shown in Centurion's links :-)

Best

Dag

Yes, I'm panning on the NF-5a, the RF-5a and perhaps even an CF-5a (with their completely different instrument panel!

Here's another update pic .. unfortunately still lots to do .. but she's so close!

post-37542-0-20041200-1376132648_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

You are my hero Sophocles !!!!

Best regards

Dag

Holy Moses! Atreides rule! Down with Harkonnens!

Edited by SFP1Ace

Thanks for the encouragement guys :) (I guess you've realized that my emoticons don't work)

I've given myself till the end of the month for all the cockpit work .. I'm really looking forward to doing some liveries on the external aircraft!

• Like 3

This aircraft has my knickers in a twist! Your cockpit work and Ravenclaw's otherwordly level of detail is what has made me really try to push the envelope on my projects! if this level of work keeps going we are really gonna give DCS a run for their money. Seeing as SF2 mods are free and all!  :beach:

edit: spelling...

Edited by Centurion-1
  • Like 3

This aircraft has my knickers in a twist! Your cockpit work and Ravenclaw's otherwordly level of detail is what has made me really try to push the envelope on my projects! if this level of work keeps going we are really gonna give DCS a run for their money. Seeing as SF2 mods are free and all!  :beach:

edit: spelling...

Ravenclaw is my hero too! Don't forget Centurion, this is all your fault .. your MiG-25 pit got me started!!

I agree, this community is overwhelmingly generous!!!:):):)

Hello all,

another small update. I think I've overdone the reflections on the glass gauge faces .. might tone them down some.

Cheers!

post-37542-0-49424700-1376767996_thumb.jpg

post-37542-0-29557900-1376768016_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I'd reserve judgement on that until in-game testing, the game engine displays transparency a bit differently. That's looking right about done to my eyes btw, a superb accomplishment all in all! 

I'd reserve judgement on that until in-game testing, the game engine displays transparency a bit differently. That's looking right about done to my eyes btw, a superb accomplishment all in all!

Thanks Centurion,

I'm now working on in-game settings, baking final diffuse and speculars (a lot of stuff to tweak there..)and getting the glass textures and reflections to look right. Hopefully I'll be able to

post some in-game screenies of the cockpit soon!

Yup looks pretty good, I'd see in-game too...

Thanks Brain32, I'm familiarizing myself with in-game tweaks ..

Cheers

Stunning work Sophocles!! :-)