Stunning work Sophocles!! :-)

Sure hope it turns out alright, Dag, Cheers!

tune the glass effect a notch down... what am I lunacing about? It's perfect!

tune the glass effect a notch down... what am I lunacing about? It's perfect!

LOL Stary! I've changed it about a dozen times already!

hehehe and I was thinking here 3D models just pop out of ones monitors LOL :wink:

Looks nice in renders but having once spent lots of time on a cockpit that looked awesome in renders but awful ingame I wouldn't rely on max renders to get the look.

Looks nice in renders but having once spent lots of time on a cockpit that looked awesome in renders but awful ingame I wouldn't rely on max renders to get the look.

OT:PM me renders and ingame shots to compare myself ;)

I was afraid of this, but I think it's ok .. still tons of post-processing to do though:)

post-37542-0-30067300-1377292247_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Clearly Julhelm's concerns are not applicable....clapping.gif.pagespeed.ce.letqCZTOMd.gif.....That shot looks amazing!

Although I don't see you recovering from that attitude with 900' between you and the water :biggrin:  

Oh lovely shot Sophocles ;-)

ugly! it's not :smile:

I'm curious, what's the current poly count?

ugly! it's not :smile:

I'm curious, what's the current poly count

Very hi-poly, 100K give or take .. I've tested in-game in dogfights with about 20 0ther F-5a and a bunch load of MiGs and frames are high - no stutters (at least on my machine i5, NvidiaGtx 560Ti, 16 ram)

that's alot!

I wouldn't sweat it, the F.1C pit is about 50k tris right now and there is no stuttering at all on my laptop. So 100k should still be ok. And yes, it looks awesome!

but compared to LockOn or Flamming Cliffs these are true 3D cockpits...

I'm about to add all of the choice addons to my vanilla test SF2 install including wrench's mods, Stary's terrains and hi-rez tile-sets, sky textures and effects to see what FPS I get.

I'll report in a day or two about my findings.  Currently she's super fluid so I have hope that all will be ok!

Can someone please remind me which key shows a frame rate counter on screen?

I was afraid of this, but I think it's ok .. still tons of post-processing to do though:)

not DCS, DXXX :F5 ...

but compared to LockOn or Flamming Cliffs these are true 3D cockpits...

But would you trade true 3D pits for a better terrain ( with true roads, automated tree generation and so on)?

But would you trade true 3D pits for a better terrain ( with true roads, automated tree generation and so on)?

Nice terrain despite its age however...............would you trade that single Black Sea terrain for the very many different terrains in SF?

• Like 1

Yes, yes... I'd take better terrain any day and put either stock Thirdwire or any 3rd party cockpit in there :tongue:

Ok, I'm hijacking this topic no longer

Hello Sophocles,

How is this beauty doing these days :-) ?

• Like 1

Hello Dag,

I'm working 14-hour days at work .. real life is getting in the way again:(  I did however get some time for tweaking the external model yesterday .. just Sundays left now:( At least until mid-November

• Like 2