Damn, this is just such amazing work as always.  Sophocles, your F-5A here is going to set the bar for superior quality and details - thank you for continuing to bring this into reality...  :bowdown2:   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The inclusion of a paint kit is great! Also, I'm aware of the F-5's limitations in armament, but a lot of other fighters also carry only a few sidewinders - the Sabre and Mirage III come to mind immediately for me. I'd just like to fly some air-to-air missions as well as air-to-ground in campaigns, since I plan to use this bad boy in a few of them.

As an aside, how many sidewinders can the F-5A carry? I've seen both 2 and 4 listed as the max.

8 hours ago, rogueranger1993 said:

The inclusion of a paint kit is great! Also, I'm aware of the F-5's limitations in armament, but a lot of other fighters also carry only a few sidewinders - the Sabre and Mirage III come to mind immediately for me. I'd just like to fly some air-to-air missions as well as air-to-ground in campaigns, since I plan to use this bad boy in a few of them.

As an aside, how many sidewinders can the F-5A carry? I've seen both 2 and 4 listed as the max.

The F-5a can only carry 2 sidewinders on its wingtip rails; unlike the F-5E which I've noticed some countries have updated to carry four (Brazil and others..)

On 8/6/2019 at 9:19 PM, SkateZilla said:

Would look so pretty in DCS.. :-p

That was a joke, for the most part.

I still havent gotten my SF2 to work on my new machine (windows 10, ryzen, 32gb ram, etc etc).

But since SF2 doesnt support VR, I havent really dug into the issue.

On ‎09‎.‎08‎.‎2019 at 11:10 AM, sophocles said:

The F-5a can only carry 2 sidewinders on its wingtip rails; unlike the F-5E which I've noticed some countries have updated to carry four (Brazil and others..)

Btw, have you also planned a new F-5B?

On 10/06/2019 at 11:30 AM, sophocles said:

Hopefully before summer's out.. I'm determined to get this to you guys. :good:

Summer is over...any news about F-5A?  :)

Speak for yourself Starfighter2!  It's still 30 degrees and sunny as heck here on Crete, LOL!!

There's still some details to iron out, and Baffmeister is working hard custom building and tuning the flight model.. so a couple more weeks:ok:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

i was not yet able to finish the NF-5A 275 gallon tank because of some real life problems , if my computer is finally willing to work with me i will finish them soon ( 1 week i hope )

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Christmas is approaching, are you guys still aiming for it?

my 3ds max computer is still down and needs a new MB , CPU and RAM i hope i get everything done by January , Sophocles is working on the Cockpit reducing the lod size

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎.‎12‎.‎2019 at 2:04 PM, ravenclaw_007 said:

my 3ds max computer is still down and needs a new MB , CPU and RAM i hope i get everything done by January , Sophocles is working on the Cockpit reducing the lod size

Hope you´ll be back in Business soon mate!

BTW, i got good references regarding NF-5s. If you are in Need of them, let me know. ;-)

Hallo Carlo

my computer is working again and i send already the new 275 gallon tanks for the NF-5A to Sophocles

this are the 275 gallon drop tanks for the NF-5A

Image2.thumb.jpg.e2c07db84ab12ae3e66e2769cb2744b1.jpg

Image4.thumb.jpg.bd426c890a1ef08537c791750668c0f1.jpg

Image3.thumb.jpg.3b4c55691fd24d1a0de1a2660c6b182c.jpg

Edited by ravenclaw_007
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, Wilches said:

Hope that marvelous tanks will be part of 3D model.

All of Ravenclaw_007's expansive additions will be included in the final release .. the first pack of which,  I dare say,  is nearing completion:wink:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We're nearly there gentlemen..

I'll try to put a small update log together later this week.. so much terrific work has been done by the team!  Baffmeister has been brilliant; putting the final touches on his F-5a flight model,  Crusader

has been responsible for much of the avionics work ..(more on that later!) and ofcourse,  RavenClaw; who has made the RF-5a model possible (which I have to admit I'd failed on numerous attempts!)

Currently been focused on completing the textures on the first release pack which will feature Hellenic Air Force liveries from the 60s to the 90s..

photo_86387.thumb.jpg.f08bc5a9d6ac9ae6602441bda7659ae7.jpg

img00606.thumb.JPG.29dc721bcf74697d0f04128da90dbbfc.JPGimg00607.thumb.JPG.6f85a0d50453a2798fb23898cb5fcbbc.JPG

pretty close, I think..

and 1 more..

img00608.thumb.JPG.8b309bacd71703b735f15967f23ab1c3.JPG

Regards,

Sophocles

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

Can't wait mate! Will the template be released together with the plane?

Reminds me of the Norwegian AF ones saw when in RAF Gutersloh back in the 80`s

1 hour ago, Stratos said:

Can't wait mate! Will the template be released together with the plane?

Maybe, but this is only the standard F-5a model (completely different to the Netherlands NF-5a or the Norwegian F-5a which will be released progressively after this one).  I'd much prefer to get the dedicated models and their cockpits out there before I release a paint-kit).  On the other hand, If someone is willing to tackle the skins for a multitide of other operators (Spain, Iran, Jordan, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey.. using the standard F-5a or RF-5a models, I'll happily oblige!

Edited by sophocles
spelling
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

Reminds me of the Norwegian AF ones saw when in RAF Gutersloh back in the 80`s

Spot on!  The Norwegian F-5a s principally sported the doped aluminum colour scheme, but the aircraft themselves were quite distinct, featuring an arrestor hook and canopy anti-rain apparatus.. not to mention a completely different cockpit!  The Norwegian F-5a will probably be released after this sees the light of day!

see what I mean...they look really good in plain metal...

also one that inspired my P47N Tiger skin...

image.thumb.png.22dfa6d769a8e24651ec093046a0aa6c.pngimage.thumb.png.93397a12685bc1cd1135580d7939b7bc.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sophocles said:

Maybe, but this is only the standard F-5a model (completely different to the Netherlands NF-5a or the Norwegian F-5a which will be released progressively after this one).  I'd much prefer to get the dedicated models and their cockpits out there before I release a paint-kit).  On the other hand, If someone is willing to tackle the skins for a multitide of other operators (Spain, Iran, Jordan, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey.. using the standard F-5a or RF-5a models, I'll happily oblige!

Spanish one is almost the same as the greek one.

11 hours ago, Stratos said:

Spanish one is almost the same as the greek one.

Well yes it is.. anyone up to doing some Spanish skins?

• Like 2

and some South East Asia 3-tone schemes.. (more like 5-tones!!)

img00037.thumb.JPG.039ca0b018929b0be968aacf93ec6c3c.JPG

img00038.thumb.JPG.fbd81e714a011900e5beb41b81851f2c.JPG

img00039.thumb.JPG.57291df45c115a327b4eb434dc66fd3e.JPG

• Like 10