Ok Gents, fuel probe is now selectable;  what about the pylons?  Is it possible to be able to jettison these as well (as we can do to drop tanks)?  The F-5C, unlike the F-5a,  had the ability to be able to eject all 5 weapon pylons in an emergency.. would love to be able to achieve this!

Thanks in advance!

Sophocles

I think, it will not work, the way you want it.

You have to do the pylons as some sort of weapon or tank in order to make them jettisonable at all. But that way, you can select them as active weapon while flying and drop them, like a bomb etc. I guess, that's not, what you want.

Edit: Pylon as a droptank (with fuelamount = 0) could work with little negative sideeffect. You would only lose the ability to drop regular droptanks, as that would jettison the pylons too.

Edited by Nyghtfall
  • Thanks 1

The way I understand the pylons is that they're part of the model and can't be detached, unless perhaps it being shot down. And as Nyghtfall suggests making them a bomb or whatnot would only complicate things because you can't jettison the ordnance, or maybe have the ordnance jettisoned with it. I mean you'd have to alter the code to have that feature if I understand it right.

• Like 1

Thanks gentlemen.  I thought as much, as I don't believe I've come across a plane in Strike fighters that can do this.  Oh well, scratch one "feature"..

but when you jettison mers/ters/bombs are popped out from aircraft... why not make pylons as sort of ejector racks. Just a matter of proper linking, and a few hidden (fake nodes). I think it might be doable. Just my brain is too lazy already to figure it out now...

i will think about it...

for sure new Raptor has jettisonable pylons + fuel tanks (but this is a different story - just a matter of hierarchy in nodes) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

i will think about it...

Yakarov79, that would be nice.:good:

Gents, she's just been uploaded .. should be up soon. 

Kudos to the team, Ravenclaw_007, Baffmeister,  Crusader, and Guuruu who all put in stellar efforts and  have worked hard to get this as accurate as the game engine would allow.  Here is the F-5C Skoshi Tiger manual for you to read while you wait :biggrin:

img00095.thumb.JPG.9e878fa000e5afc5efbffee92c6e4cf2.JPG

.F-5C_Skoshi Tiger_Manual.pdf

Edited by sophocles
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Nice manual as I skimmed some of it. Looking like the  F-5C will do well for downloads.

• Thanks 1

..and there I was gearing up for the F-5B when @paulopanz  came along with several new skins for a dedicated Norwegian AF variant .. I couldn't resist and dusted off the 2 RNoAF cockpit variants I'd started so long ago ..

c.thumb.JPG.1ed4d3fc0534f8f714fee8e17414085a.JPG

65945f.thumb.JPG.82a77b914421dc128fd0bb4b3b6f2bd0.JPG

8690c8.thumb.JPG.678fc7901ceda38f47543356899352a2.JPG

img00152.thumb.JPG.1a602a7c53d5fd9443a17ce5aafa3773.JPG

img00154.thumb.JPG.130cc495222bf6a57b7d6efb5046f91b.JPG

65945f.JPG

Edited by sophocles
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

BTW, can someone please tell me the proper way to imbed the name of a fellow member in the threads?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sophocles said:

BTW, can someone please tell me the proper way to imbed the name of a fellow member in the threads?

sophocles Just copy ... 

SharedScreenshot.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the photo stuck to the dash! Nice touch!!!

• Like 2

It looks like FastCargo's minimod that allowed you to do that.

11 hours ago, sophocles said:

@sophocles just type an @ and then the members name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

some more cockpit progress pics for the Recon Norwegian birds (RF-5a) ..

img00160.thumb.JPG.1af415395a46f4f97ab7447c059bc528.JPG

img00161.thumb.JPG.36b43a7fd5b5302ca04c72aa2bdfd4dd.JPG

img00162.thumb.JPG.22fe9a5b97d6203bcc0187e2d8e9e0a7.JPG

Edited by sophocles
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2