DL SF2 Vietnam, Europe and Israel last night, installed and have played some. Now I am starting to get the mods I want and I started off with the Vietnam Expanison pack, DL the newest verison, and the older one parts 1-4.

I extraced all the files, placed them and overrided them in the C/username/savedgames/thirdwire/SFV and nothing was different when I lunched the game. I also tried creating a folder in the saved games and placed all the files there and nothing either. I am assuming since I DL last night the game is up to date patch wise... this is the first mod im installing so maybe im missing a step? Any help would be great! Thanks

What mod did you download? - because you are probably sticking the files in the wrong places basically

I DL these ones:

http://combatace.com/files/file/10466-sf2v-air-ground-war-expansion-pack-v20-jan-2012-update/

That one said I need the other four parts from the previous SFV expansion pack found on that same link, with the hyperlinks to Parts 1-4

I DL all five, unziped them and moved them into what I said in the previous post, and over rid things when asked to.

Inruder7011:

If you're not seeing anything differnet -- no new aircraft, etc. -- then you're probably installing the files incorrectly. The most common error is that people grab the To_Mod_Folder folder and simply drop that in their Mods folder. The game will never see the files if you do that.

Instead, grab the CONTENTS out of To_Mod_Folder and move those to your Mods folder. the same holds true for the other major folders within the archives you downloaded.

Eric Howes

Inruder7011:

If you're not seeing anything differnet -- no new aircraft, etc. -- then you're probably installing the files incorrectly. The most common error is that people grab the To_Mod_Folder folder and simply drop that in their Mods folder. The game will never see the files if you do that.

Instead, grab the CONTENTS out of To_Mod_Folder and move those to your Mods folder. the same holds true for the other major folders within the archives you downloaded.

Eric Howes

What I did was after winzip unzipped them all, I just selected the first one, scrolled down to the last one, shift select so I grabbed all of them... like thousands and thousands... and placed into the C/username/thirdwire/savedgames/SFV. I read about the "what is the mod folder" in the knowledge base and it said you dont create one, and when you run the game it makes one. So I ran the game, 'accepted' some missions, quit and tried again.. Nothing. I also made another folder to go in there to organize all the files, and that also did not work. Am I dropping them into a wrong location? I just dont know where else to put them.. and if it asked for permission to override, I figured it was replacing the old files... I guess I can try again? any other ideas.

What I did was after winzip unzipped them all, I just selected the first one, scrolled down to the last one, shift select so I grabbed all of them... like thousands and thousands... and placed into the C/username/thirdwire/savedgames/SFV. I read about the "what is the mod folder" in the knowledge base and it said you dont create one, and when you run the game it makes one. So I ran the game, 'accepted' some missions, quit and tried again.. Nothing. I also made another folder to go in there to organize all the files, and that also did not work. Am I dropping them into a wrong location? I just dont know where else to put them.. and if it asked for permission to override, I figured it was replacing the old files... I guess I can try again? any other ideas.

That sounds like winzip isn't maintaining the folder structures when it extracts. You should see a few folders when you open the archives. Inside those folders should should be other folders and files, etc...

If you're seeing just a list of thousands of files, you need to change a setting in your extraction utility.

There is a setting in winzip (I think, I only use winrar) that you need to set to maintain folder structures during extraction. Try that.

And then make sure to install everything in order. Parts 1-4, then the last update.

7Zip is easiest/best. Right click on the Zipped folder, and left click Extract to...(name of mod), everything is in perfect folder setup, and it's free.

Thanks, I just DL 7zip and tried there, and am just getting errors now. I choose to unzip, then choose the SF2 folder as the destination, but after unzipping it says 2683 files, 2683 errors... should I just delete everything and try again?

So here is what I did, nothing has changed.

DL 7zip, cleared everything I have done. Took each part, in order, Parts 1-4 then the Jan2012 update. Choose the file, hit extract and when it promted me a location to ectract to, I typed C:\Users\Chris\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam

After that I opened that file up, and the following files (1_All_Patch_levels, 2_Dec2009_patch_level, 3_may2011_patch_level, 4_ExpPack2, For_dec2009, For_SF2I snd the To_Mod_Folder) were there along with the normal files pilot data, objects controls, etc that were there before i extracted.

I played the game and nothing. So then I grabbed all the new folders and placed them into the To_Mod_Folder, and got the same result. Im sure I am missing an easy step or something, this is the first mod I am doing so all this is a foreign language to me.

Edited by Intruder7011

Got it,i just , moved all the things in the to mod folder into the strike fighters 2 main and it seems like it worked, i saw the new planes in the mission screen. Flew around the ka62. Great work eburger, i already can tell the game just got taken to another level with just this mod. Thanks for the help guys

one\last thing im noticing, A) no helicopters... and B) on a general note for mods, some dont have a read me file, so whats the easiest way to figure out where to put them, for example, the VA-128 Golden Intruders mod... where does something like that go