Sign in to follow this  
angles1100

Pure Luck

I have never see this before , in interview with Thomas Sopwith , what an amazing man .

cheers

Really an amazing find, Angels1100. I sat and watch this entire video early this AM while enjoying my first cup of coffee of the day. Many thanks for sharing this Sir.

Cheers!

Lou

Nice to have a decent documentary / interview (without the usual dumbing down now) - charming fellow too, good old fashioned English gent with wit and still sharp at 96 amazing.

Surely one of the most interesting British originals of our younger history -

born into a time, when you could still be a pioneer in many areas, he seems to have made

the most of it. A true British engineer and gentleman of a strong generation, gone.

Rest in peace, Mr. Sopwith - your name will never die.

Pure gold I say. I wished they asked him more in-depth questions about the Camel, Pup, Strutter etc. and how he felt they influenced the outcome of the war and questioning along those lines. I too am amazed at how some men seem destined for playing a big-role in history but as Olham mentioned, it's not easy to be a pioneer in these modern times.