Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

How will you fly OFF 2 when you first get it?

Remember the map in OFF2 will be much improved, I believe, so rather than 'paper' maps I'll use the in-sim one (shame to waste all that hard work).

I'll probably do a number of free flight QCs to get the feel of the machine I'm planning to fly in campaign and probably an earlier model, e.g. BE2 - a real WW1 pilot would have had that at least. If I fly a German campaign I'll definitely start in a two-seater and, depending when my campaign pilot joins up, possibly the same for British/French. For example, if I started a British campaign with No. 46 Sqn. I'll start maybe with a BE2 then move on to a Pup... sim-God Willing!

Otherwise, just as Hellshade described... until the frustration of losing my 100th pilot on my 120th mission (overall!) makes me fly a QC combat just for kicks. :sad:

Remember the map in OFF2 will be much improved, I believe, so rather than 'paper'

maps I'll use the in-sim one (shame to waste all that hard work).

Well, I'll find a way of using the new OFF II maps on my second monitor - good compromise, eyh?

:good:

I'm with RamblingSid on this one. Want to make sure Workshop is tweaked to optimum before campaigning so I will use QC in free flight mode to start. Hopefully there won't be too much tweaking necessary!

Yup, rjw,

Free flight mode only.

Don't want to spoil the fun.

Based on what I know (thanks to the community here) abt P3, the

tweaking etc shouldn't take that long: a few flips should suffice.

Famous last words...

Free flight mode only.

Don't want to spoil the fun.

Now you've got me thinking. Maybe I should do a few free flight modes only flying a plane that I would not normally fly - such as a two seater - just so I can tweak the graphics and performance settings but without seeing what the AI can do or even what the flight characteristics of what one of the fighters may be like. The only trouble there is that tweaking graphics performance can be so addicting to me. Trying to get the absolute best performance out of the sim possible can take countless variations in the settings. But then again I would hate to be flying in combat and find things sluggish or laggy.

/sigh Decisions decisions. And to think I only have two more weeks to make up my mind... grin.gif

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

The FIRST thing I'm going to do is some free flying in a BE2 or something very similar. Just to get that training over Ol' Blighty feel. THEN I'll start my campaign in a nimble SE5a or Sopwith Camel. It'll be like driving my old Mustang GT after a month in my mother's minivan.

As a comparative Newbie, time limitations have forced a Love Affair with CFS3QC. I wonder if it will be retained in the NEW OFF, because you can select so many more possiblities than with plain old QC, among them the use of Spawns. So if you wish non-stop action 1 on 1 for as long a time as you can spare, CAN DO.

Until of course my Sopwith Triplane runs out of ammunition. I could go unlimited ammo in Workshop, but I need my sleep

Check the preview movie - the QC even seems to be improved.

"...tweaking graphics performance can be so addicting..."

So true, Hellshade :yes: .

I had to stop myself in the end. Going

'round and 'round in ever diminishing.

What with Workshop and Config and

Nvidia control panel and individual

tweaks found in this forum, that's a

lot of variables to play with - at least

it is for my poor brain.

Just on QC: I have recently tried some

imaginary scenarios - all triplane dogfights

which were a sight to behold. If memory

serves I believe that OFF2 QC is much

Improved and can deploy increased

inumbers of a/c. In which case I can look

forward to epic tripe on tripe encounters

as well as the main course :hyper: .

I'm going to fly OFF2 like I fly OFF1: I'm going to create a pilot (probably in No. 20 Squadron flying Fees in Bloody April), and go for it, hoping very much to see the Lufbery Circle implemented as a new wingman command. After I get tired of that (Lufbery Circle or no), I'll go see how things stand with the French. Will they have any of their own 2-seaters at all? Will it now be somewhat more realistic to fly for either side in French sectors? After that, a check of the US sectors, to see if they have any 2-seaters (but if the French don't, I don't expect the US will, either). Then I suppose I'll do a few 2-seater careers on both sides to see how well the promise of squadrons being assigned primarily to certain mission types holds up. And of course I'll have to try the Gothas and HPs.

Only after all this will I get into a scout career. I suppose I'll start in 1917 where enemies are fewer, to see how the new AI works under closer observation. Then finally, what I want most to do: fly a D.VII in 1918 to see if the massive furballs I'm used to are still there with the new AI.