Piecemeal

Last Minute Reprieve

Allow me to introduce you all to "Ozzy":

post-29988-0-26784700-1335312377.jpg

Ozzy was just five days from being put to sleep when my missus and I brought him home from the local animal shelter, where he'd been for some time. He's quite shy and a little nervous but he's a dog who could do with a lot of attention at the moment, which is important for an 18 month old Jack Russell terrier. He'd been there for some weeks without any luck of a home and his luck had almost run out until we came in the door.

I eventually gave in to advice from my therapist who said that a dog would be the best thing in the world for me in order to get me out of the house more and keep me company when the missus is working. Turns out to be one of the best decisions I've made in a long time.

This little guy's kept me busy since, with getting to know him taking him for his walks and earlier today (much to his dismay) giving him a much needed bath.

At times like this it just makes me even angrier to think of all those folks who seem to forget that a dog is not a Christmas gift - it's for LIFE.

Now I've GOT to get some sleep. My back's aching, my eyelids are drooping and I haven't been used to this much physical activity in some time :sleep:

• Like 2

Good for you and your wife, Piecemeal. The little guy will bring you a lot of joy. I agree with you on animal gift giving. It's something you should never do. You are committing another person to a lifelong commitment. And if the other person doesn't want, or can't handle that commitment, then you're condemning the animal to death, unless some kind and giving soul like yourself comes along, which really doesn't happen that often. Blessings to you and your wife for what you've done.

Pets have that affect on people. They aren't an accessory, they are living breathing things. He looks like he will bring you lots of joy.

• Like 1

we do not have to wait for heaven to be surrounded by hope,love and joyfulness it's here now and it has four legs.good luck with ozzy.:grin:

Lots of fun, lots of luck, lots of love , congratulations !!!!!:good: :good:

Congratulations in making the move to improve your Mental, physical and spiritual life!...which is the effect a Dog (or any companion animal) has on a Human being!.... and you can be very proud, that you have saved a little Dog's life!....trust me when I say...He will return the favour with a large % of interest!.... a very happy story all round!!!!! :drinks:

AWESOME! Pets can be a life saver sometimes. Give Ozzy a pat on the head for me will ya :).

Falcon

I think it's fair to say he's taken very well to his new home, dontcha think? :grin:

post-29988-0-87262700-1335485003.jpg

post-29988-0-01483400-1335485044.jpg

A man after my own heart; he knows a good woman when he meets one. I just hope the missus never finds out I posted these pics here!

Captions, anyone?

Edited by Piecemeal

Now that's a happy pooch. He fell on his feet, didn't he ? drinks.gif

I have a JRT as well. Best dogs in the world.

I have a JRT as well. Best dogs in the world.

second best :grin:

Actually I'm very surprised at how well trained he is for a dog his age. He's never done his "business" in the house and he knows exactly what NO means. Did a little bit of digging on his history and found out that his previous owner in another town had his house repossesed by the bank and he was forced to move back in with his mother. Trouble with that was his mother wouldn't under any circumstances allow a dog in the house. The rest is history as they say.

We rescued our Dog Max from the pound...he'd been there six months...best thing I ever did

this is him looking a bit 'Vicious' for some reason...but he's as soft as s**te! :grin:

Must be the wet hair that gives him that "Grrrrr" look. That's if Ozzy's anything to go by - he didn't look at all too amenable after I washed him the other day :mad:

Here's to you Max! :bye:

Edited by Piecemeal