Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Aviatik D.I skins Part 1 Needs PART 2

I see a bunch of you downloaded Part 1 of my Aviatik D.I skin Pack. But only half of you Downloaded Part 2. You need both packs for it to work correctly and to get all the skins and decals. Just a litlle FYI

Edited by quack74

hehehe I think some people were so overwhelmed with the quality that they havn't caught their breath yet.

You're making me blush :grin:

I know it takes a while to download too. But I just wanted people to know that the Aviatik D.I package had to be split into two parts because of size. I think PART 1 is only half the stuff..

I hope everyone installs them ok. I did the README files holding my 1yr old daughter and trying to intertain my 3yr old daughter at the same time. I hope it makes sence. I would like to know that it works. Anyone please post back that its ok or not.

Hi Quack,

Great skin packs, installed into FEG OK, all looking superb, with one minor problem: on the early models with the wing-mounted Schwarzlose/ Lewis, the gun is'nt showing up. Nothing happens when I fire the gun in-game, so its not like its there and not showing, if you get my drift, its just not there at all. It shows up in the loadout, on the loadout screen, but does'nt appear in-game.

I followed the readme in both parts closely, and everything else looks OK, this is the only problem I've encountered.

Thanks,

Del.

Wow I forgot about the Lewis gun install instructions. I forgot it wasnt part of the game :this:

It is an item thats in a download from SkunkWorks : www.cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1

It's part of a WWI Gun Pod download. There's a few guns that you can add to any aircraft via the aircrafts' "Loadout"

They are pretty cool to have. The Aviatik D.I is supposed to have a Shwarzlose, but thats not yet available (Stephen1918! :grin: ) So the Lewis Will work just fine for now.

BTW you'll need to ask the site administrator for a password to be able to download their stuff. You'll see in their site how to do this. Send him an e-mail and wait a couple of days or so. It's well worth it. They have lots of cool WWI stuff for free.

Aaaaah, all becomes clear! Thanks, Quack, should be nice and easy, I've already got the necessary permissions over at the A Team site, and you're right, its well worth it!!! In fact, lately I've had a bit of a break from FE, because I've been enjoying their terrific all-in-one Spanish Civil War mod. Biplanes that fly really fast? Just too tempting! grin.gif

Anyway, back on topic, I vaguely remember reading something on here about plans to update the Caporetto campaign to include all these beautiful Aviatiks and Phonixes, and the various FliKs that flew them. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Well that would be from me. I've been working on a whole lot of skins for the new Italian Front campaign. I've set it for the summer of 1918. The only trouble is the terrain. I would like to rename all the locations and airfields from the Vogesen terrain. But it's very time consuming. But either way I will be releasing a new campaign. Not sure when though. Still a lot of work to do and research.

I've no doubt its been said before....but, Quack, this community is extraordinarily fortunate to have you and people like you, and to benefit from all the hard work that you put into developing these highly realistic skins and campaigns. Maximum respect, and I'm sure the finished campaign will be well worth waiting for. Thank you.

I've seen the discussions on terrains elsewhere on these forums, and the difficulties of developing a purpose-built Italian terrain. Its a slight drawback, of course, especially as Caporetto is the only campaign of its type in any WW1 sim, and is set to develop further. and especially when so many terrains have been developed for the other Thirdwire sims. But, the Vosgen terrain looks terrific with all the updates, and I know that I'll continue to enjoy the development of this mod/ campaign, regardless. Thanks again for all your excellent work.