Sign in to follow this  

I found a topic about black tanks... I had that happen on the A-6B, but with the A I get tanks everywhere, along with the bombs as you can see, when I jettion the tanks they fly off but never leave either... any fix? Thanks!

A thanks to all you modders, only installed eburgers Nam expansion, starys scarasm and SF's overcast and already can tell this game is going to be amazing.

Make sure you are not using an out of date _data.ini & _loadout.ini.

If you made your A-6 flyable from an older mod good chance those files will need updating.

SF

Edited by steelflanker

How do I figure that? I just dl the games two days ago so I don't think I'm using older anything... the a6s came from nam expansion pack..

There have been numerous SF2 up dates since the Vietnam expansion pack was put together so there is a very good chance that those files are out of date.

Back up your A-6 folder & update or replace them with the latest version using the Cat extractor .

Its easy to do & certainly worth a try. :grin:

Intruder7011:

It looks like you haven't applied the latest update for the expansion pack, which takes care of that problem. The latest cumulative update is from January 2012 and can be found in the same downloads section as you got the original four expansion pack files. The same update will add the helicopters that you reported in your other thread as missing.

Ignore the advice about using the CAT extractor -- there's no need to do that. Plus, if you did do that you'd end replacing modded files with default files and, thus, a non-flying A-6A. Moreover, you won't find any A-6B in any of the CAT files.

Eric Howes

There you go, do as eburger68 says!

My apologies for not noticing it was the A-6B & not the stock A-6A with the problem. :blush:

Never the less, its an update thats still required.

SF

Edited by steelflanker

Thanks guys, I went ahead and deleted everything, reinstalled and started over since now I know whats going on. Great mods everyone! One last question, I like this mod, http://combatace.com/files/file/12127-sf2-aaa-pack/, but thge only thing I would want to change is the big old red balls it throws up at you, is there a mod out there or text trick to change that effect? I didnt run into any on the DL section but maybe I didnt look hard enough

There should be several tracer.tgas in your objects folder (I think) that correspond to different color tracers. Have a look at those and then edit the guns you want to change the color of in the weapons editor.

Not one for historical realism in this area, I changed the ND-37 and NR-23s to fire red and green tracers respectively. Now the MiG-17s shoot christmas at me, but I wanted to be able to differentiate. I have different flak guns firing different colors as kind of an easy guide to the caliber I'm realing with. Totally not historical, but at least good for diversity.

Thats a good idea, ill look into those, any way to change the size of the tracer rounds? They seem too big

Intruder7011:

There's no need to install the AAA Pack -- it comes with the mod. In fact, the AAA Pack was created from the Expansion Pack.

Eric Howes

Intruder7011:

You can re-size or otherwise edit the tracer.tga files to your heart's content.

Eric Howes