Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

OT: STALKER dev team making F2PMMO

I never played STALKER but I have heard a few of you say it's a great experience. It seems that once STALKER 2 was cancelled, some of the Devs took it upon themselves to create a spiritual successor to the game. It's going to be a Free to Play MMO though, so there's every chance of it being horrible and nothing like the STALKER games at all. That said, I guess if it's this or nothing we can always hope it somehow turns out well.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/04/25/survarium-is-free-to-play-stalker

Hellshade

"STALKER - Shadow of Cernobyl" and "Clear Sky" were very good IMHO.

Endtime-Athmosphere - not everyone's cup of tea.

Both should be patched with the latest patches though - the released DVDs had quite a few bugs.

Principaly Shadows of Chernobyl, but I think many players have hated the 'thing' that we meet for the first time in the sewers ... a real untouchable sh*t !

What do you mean with "thing" ?

Shadows of Chernobyl, modded was very good I thought - bit like a rougher grittier Fallout.

Spoiler alert Olham :) Yes don't talk about the thing in the sewers!

What do you mean with "thing" ?

I remember after entering the first time in the sewer (very dark, with only a few lights twinkling faintly) have met a creature partly invisible, who rushed right to me while screaming yikes.gif ... and killing me only some seconds after our romantic "rendezvous".

Must admit I am still playing them but with some Mods added and when I want a first person shooter I always seem to go back to Stalker and as to the thing in the Sewers RUN!!! still gets me from time to time when I have forgotten about them... the best 2 mods for SOC have got to be :-

Stalker Complete 2009 & Oblivion Lost

Stalker Complete needs a good system to play on and Oblivion Lost takes the toughness to new levels but also gives a more rewarding play (oh and new weapons if you can find them)...

Need to install the other 2 and get them modded up as well.

Where exactly did you meet that "thing in the sewers"? I wonder, cause I have killed all and any monster in STALKER.