Hello, All.

quick question...

...has anyone fully loaded a mission on a terrain... and had it begin like this?

post-2412-0-81813200-1335556038.jpg

I don't know what's going on, I check the main .INI, the Data.INI, the TARGETS.INI...

Any suggestions?

SidDogg

Looks like you're 200,000ft+ high. Can you fly or look around or are you stuck?

Man, you're high :yikes:

no idea to be honest

Invalid Airfield. Checked any other Squadron in the campaign?

That actually happened to me the other day......I was trying a single mission in Sweden......went back and tried another with the same results.........so I moved on to Anatolia.........I forgot about it until I just read this post, which terrain did it happen to you in?

AFAIK; Sweden triggers this on border airfields. That would be Bråvalla, Kaliningrad & Helsinki Airport (removed in latest build). Campaigns keep you away from there, but single missions launch you from them sometimes.

Hmm, I see.

It's actually a MEGA-terrain I've only been working for FOREVER... :haha: #literally

Thank you, I'll have to go see about this!

Extra suggestions are appreciated.

SidDogg

OKay, It's DEFINITELY one of the Airfields...I just exited the Briefing Screen and went back in to start from another one, and that worked.

So I just have to find out which one it is...

SidDogg

It's actually a MEGA-terrain I've only been working for FOREVER... :haha: #literally

lol mee too :frantic:

Yep I've had this happen on the UK map, it only seems to happen for me on either the first airfield that is in my targets ini[friendly and enemy], dosent matter what side I'm flying for [friendly/enemy] whichever is the first of their bases causes that same issue. If you have the ME installed check you mission first in there, when your problem airfield is chosen by the game itself [ie, not user made] you'll soon see that your start point is miles away from your airfield, yet manually choosing that airfield will cause everything to "jump" into place.

Dont know why it's happening though. :dntknw:

Sun, could that be somehow related to the Sticky Runway problem? ... ie... if the first city in Targets.ini has a runway, planes get stuck in it like molten tar. Back in the day, I noticed Thudwire's desert Targets had cities *without* airfields listed first. That was a clue for me.

I've always built mine with airfields down 3 or 4 target listings