Sign in to follow this  
waco1937

I'm drowning here people

I recently undertook the task of installing OFF3 onto a Win 7 64bit computer. I wanted to fly OFF3 with Eyefinity. I initially installed RoF and the panoramic views with 3 monitors in landscape were great. Still, OFF is my favorite and I undertook that installation. CFS3 was installed and patched. It works in Eyefinity with panoramic views. Next came OFF. BH&H was installed and patched with the Supa and 1.32G mini. I set both CFS3 and OFF to run as administrator. OFF starts, the intro movie plays, spash screens come and go. THEN!! the UI appears but it's too big and the selection buttons are off screen. I've tried varied resolutions, disconnected the outside monitors, ran without Eyefinity. Nada. The only way I can actually see the UI@ÛWˆj^ is in Safemode. That's counter productive since Eyefinity isn't running. To me, at least, it seems if CFS3 can work in Win 7, then OFF should do the same. I know people here have successively installed OFF into Win 7 and I wonder what I'm missing. As Charlie Brown says, "AAAAArrrrgghh!!!" Suggestions are appreciated. For instance, is there a way to reduce UI template so it will show in it's entirety with clickable buttons? I've been flying OFF since P1 came out and this is the most difficulty I've ran into. Additionally when I tried to fly in Safe Mode, I got an OFFManager error. "An error has ocurred initiating CFS3. Make sure your CFS3 CD is in your drive." It was and CFS3 is patched to 3.1a. "Exit and then try again. PatchDLL error. Game terminately prematurely. PatchMemorySync::Done TerminateProcess0 failed (5)" I've reinstalled OFF nearly a half dozen times already Too bad Eyefinity doesn't support XP. GRRRR!!!!!

Waco, you might want to post this over in the General Discussion Forum as that tends to be where everyone hangs out around here. Not that you haven't posted your question where it should be, if forum headings are anything to go by. :smile:

BTW, there was just a discussion about W7 and OFF not but a couple weeks ago, so hopefully you will find your answers.

Cheers!

Lou

I've been running OFF on Windows 7 for years with no problem at all.

The issue with multimonitors I encountered last night for myself (I onloy have a dual monitor rig, but soon will be adding a third) and I am thinking that I will be able to get it to work properly as I already do in DCS-A10 and Black Shark 2 using the powerful tool "SoftTH". It should allow you to configure the monitors however you wish and is pretty easy to use. Do a search either here or over on SimHQ on SoftTH for dozens upon dozens of threads on its use. Although they may refer to a different sim using it, the fundamentals of it will be the same regardless if its A-10 or OFF you are playing.

Good luck!

p.s. Once I get it working on my end, I will post any tips and tricks I may come up with.

Madmatt

Thanx, Lou. I had already read that thread....and a whole lot more. If I could get past an enlarged UI, I might get a handle on OFF. I've backed away from the problem and giving it a rest and maybe a different perspective. I could use a rest from it. I know it's doable.

If you did not run OFF when you had only 1 or two monitors attached for this install, then maybe try turning off a monitor, running OFF, seeing if the manager looks OK then exit, then setup the 3 monitors and run again. If you are using 3rd party setup there may be options and settings to exclude offmanager.exe or assign to 1 monitor whatever,

Also with 1 monitor on, maybe go into workshop settings and change the OFFmanager to use other propertion/widescreen or other setting there.

Just because vanilla cfs3.exe ran, it has nothing to do with how "OFFmanager.exe" will appear. It just means that when you finally launch a mission from OFFmanager that the runtime using cfs3.exe should work.