hi all is there a way in SF2 to have a free filght in the planes?

There are those training missions and you could always make your own with the mission editor

The short answer is no.

Intruder7011 has hit it on the head. There's no "free flight mode" for the games. However, it is possible with the mission editor and some creative editing to make a "free flight" mission.

Download "the Range'" it makes for a good free flight environment and a great place to practice without any pressure

I think there should be a Free flight option made by TK for SF2.

Like a friendly free flight and an enemy free flight.

e.g. the friendly free flight would create you waypoints over friendly ground with NO mission objectives, just follow all your waypoints or go free roaming and land at homebase.

And the enemy free flight should be a flight path over enemy ground also WITHOUT any objectives, just follow your waypoints or go free roaming and land at your airbase.

It should be made possible in the Single Missions.

You had then the chance to test your airplanes over friendly or enemy ground without to worry about mission objectives.

Should not be too hard to do this for TK.

My best regards, Kodiak.

:salute:

• Dislike 3

I think there should be a Free flight option made by TK for SF2.

Like a friendly free flight and an enemy free flight.

e.g. the friendly free flight would create you waypoints over friendly ground with NO mission objectives, just follow all your waypoints or go free roaming and land at homebase.

And the enemy free flight should be a flight path over enemy ground also WITHOUT any objectives, just follow your waypoints or go free roaming and land at your airbase.

It should be made possible in the Single Missions.

You had then the chance to test your airplanes over friendly or enemy ground without to worry about mission objectives.

Should not be too hard to do this for TK.

My best regards, Kodiak.

:salute:

Instead of asking TK to do it, you could do it in 5 minutes by editing one of your own mission within the game. As was said, the Range is perfect for that. The Nellis Range is even better.

Yep, here are some steps if you have a Mission Editor:

1. Start a mission, any mission, Fighter Sweep is the most easiest to deal with.

2. Delete EVERY flight except your own, mainly the enemy flights as that's a reason for you to not get a mission success for no enemy aircraft around. Note that you'll have to tweak some missions as you have to destroy a specific flight, so set it to like Reconnaissance and you will be able do delete the targeted flight.

3. Enemy Air Defenses to NONE (up to you on that one, but if you want to just roam the countryside...)

4. Save it under whatever name

5. Exit the game, open the mission file in the Mission editor (Only if you want to remove the waypoints) so your waypoints look like this:

Waypoint[01].Command=TAKEOFF

Waypoint[01].Position=592783.114518,626169.345070,0.000000

Waypoint[01].Size=100.000000

Waypoint[01].Speed=244.800003

Waypoint[02].Command=DEPART

Waypoint[02].Position=602008.805437,626965.727796,3048.000000

Waypoint[02].Size=1500.000000

Waypoint[02].Speed=244.800003

Waypoint[03].Command=APPROACH

Waypoint[03].Position=587757.364197,601099.446080,1524.000000

Waypoint[03].Size=1500.000000

Waypoint[03].Speed=282.944183

Waypoint[04].Command=LAND_LINEUP

Waypoint[04].Position=586164.592951,619550.827918,762.000000

Waypoint[04].Size=1500.000000

Waypoint[04].Speed=72.862740

Waypoint[05].Command=LAND_TOUCHDOWN

Waypoint[05].Position=592677.048501,626063.279053,0.000000

Waypoint[05].Size=25.000000

Waypoint[05].Speed=54.020000

Or just leave your flightpath there, this is what I do for carrier free flight missions.

Save and test. If you did things right it will A) work, B) Give you a mission complete message as soon as you start the mission. Then everything you do will be clocked and recorded until you get done with your flying. It just takes some time to work out and you'll get it.

Edited by EricJ

Instead of asking TK to do it, you could do it in 5 minutes by editing one of your own mission within the game. As was said, the Range is perfect for that. The Nellis Range is even better.

I know how to do that, thank you.

But I think it should have been already in SF2 in the single missions from the beginning!

And not everybody knows how to edit their files in SF2.

I think it should have been in SF2 from the beginning for everybody.

My best regards, Kodiak.

• Dislike 2

well, Ericj knock it in the head between the eyebrows! ... problem solved!

now how about asking TK for new A2G targeting system , like lock on whatever you want on the ground and release the iron grin.gif

now how about asking TK for new A2G targeting system , like lock on whatever you want on the ground and release the iron grin.gif

You can do that already if you self lase. And nothing prevents you from dropping dumb iron on various non-priority targets.

FC

You can do that already if you self lase. And nothing prevents you from dropping dumb iron on various non-priority targets.

FC

self lase? how is that possible in SF2? can't drop leaser guided iron on various non-priority targets! thats the point

Take a laser pod - press E to drop on targets at will

When I say targets thats things you can actually target (AAA, Trucks etc) not terrain objects (pre the new NA terrain.)

If you want realistic avionics to a high level then Falcon 4 and DCS A-10 are the sims you need - it will never happen in this series from TW.

Take a laser pod - press E to drop on targets at will

When I say targets thats things you can actually target (AAA, Trucks etc) not terrain objects (pre the new NA terrain.)

If you want realistic avionics to a high level then Falcon 4 and DCS A-10 are the sims you need - it will never happen in this series from TW.

i know about lasing AAA,Trucks but i thought FC talking about lasing terrain objects in SF2

and yes i play falcon 4 and i wish TK implement such high level avionics

Quick, dirty and easy way for free flight is to make a recon mission.

Before starting the mission go to the planning map and set the last waypoint before the target waypoint at a point of free will and then start the mission. In most times you will face no opposition and will have a relaxed fly.

Free Flight? Just start any mission and fly away from the action. Then do whatever you want.

It's that simple.

what Gepard said, it's great way to test specific map areas for terrain modders too, just place the IP waypoint (the square one) on the map where ou desire, after ALT-N (skipping) you'll be placed near that area, or instantl if ou have "air start" in our options