Bump for 1.51. Adds compatibility with the July 2012 patch and provides additional hooks for the just released EA-6B Superpack.

There are some good A-6 cockpits in the SFP1 section, or you can extract the A-6 Cockpit from WoV. Likewise, you can purchase the RAZBAM A-6 pack for SF1 and use that cockpit with this pack, which is the most immersive option.

I've uploaded a hotfix for version 1.51 that brings the campaigns and Squadronlist.ini in line with the latest DLC. You can still install this even if you don't have DLC 18 and 21, but it will utilize them if installed.

A-6 Superpack 1.51a Hotfix.7z (mediafire)

• Like 1

OK, I installed the way I always install (works every time) a mod. This one, however, I get nothing. A-6s don't show up in single mission or campaign. What did I do wrong?

Edited by savatee

Due to reasons of intellectual property, the A-6 Superpack doesn't include cockpits. These have to be purchased, extracted from WoV, or downloaded from any number of mods in the SF1 section here. Once you add the cockpits, you will need to enable them in the a-6a.ini file (as well as a-6e.ini, et al). Instructions are in the readme.

Slick,

That download is just a texture pack that fits the original A-6 cockpit from WOV. The means to get a cockpit for the A-6/EA-6B is listed in the readme. I apologize for the convoluted method, but intellectual property issues dictate the most conservative response in this case.

Img00142.JPG

Is there a way to get the A-6 to use a different bomb rack for the Mk 20 Rockeye CBUs?

UPDATE: I worked it out. The way to do it is to increase the maximum allowable length for the bomb rack, or to change the length of the CBUs. Although the Mk 20, CBU-59, CBU-99, and CBU-100 use the same 3D model, they have different lengths. By increasing the maximum length allowable on the rack, Rockeye CBUs now fit onto Ravenclaw007's superb bomb racks.

Edited by Sheriff001

Great mod, between HomeFries, TK and Razbam I finally have the A-6 that I can fly and hit the target!

Cheers

Snapper 21

• Like 1

Maybe a dumb question. How do I get the visual RWR when using the E or TRAM models and the WOV cockpit? I extracted the A cockpit from my old WOV CD, but the RWR doesn't show for the later models (my understanding is the A shouldn't have a display, fine) but what of the others? It does appear to be in the avionics files for each relevant bird.

Great mod btw. Love having an A-6 back.

Not a dumb question at all, missileman.  It's something that I neglected to put in the readme, though it would have been useful.

H/T to JSF_Aggie for the "clock mod", replacing the clock with the RWR for the A-6B/E/TRAM.

To A-6A_Cockpit.ini, change the clock needle sections like MoonJumper said, and add the RWR section:

[ClockHour]
Type=CLOCK_HOUR
NodeName=needle_clock01
MovementType=POSITION_Z
Set[01].Position=-100.0
Set[01].Value=0.0
Set[02].Position=-99.0
Set[02].Value=1.0

[ClockMinute]
Type=CLOCK_MINUTE
NodeName=needle_clock02
MovementType=POSITION_Z
Set[01].Position=-100.0
Set[01].Value=0.0
Set[02].Position=-99.0
Set[02].Value=1.0

[ClockSec]
Type=CLOCK_SECOND
NodeName=needle_clock03
MovementType=POSITION_Z
Set[01].Position=-100.0
Set[01].Value=0.0
Set[02].Position=-99.0
Set[02].Value=1.0

[RWR]
Type=RWR
NodeName=Clock

In the A-6A_Avioncs.INI, edit the RWRTexture line:

RWRTexture=cockpit\A-6A_rwr.bmp

though for this mod the A-6x_Avionics.ini will be different

For the A-6B and E:

RWRTexture=cockpit\A-4E_67_RWR.bmp

For the TRAM variants:

RWRTexture=cockpit\RWR.bmp

Hope this helps

Perfect! I have it running in the B,E and TRAM and now I just need to go extract the A-4 texture for B and E.

Superb, thanks for the help!

Is there a list of BuNos by Image Name?

Trying to place accurate BuNos in specific skins.

The BuNos are authentic, but not organization specific.  They're tied to the MODEX, or side number, in the decal scheme.