Which models do you want or need first?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Surface combatants

• USN: Arleigh Burke FltIIA class Aegis destroyer, San Antonio class LPD
    • USN / Taiwan: Kidd class / Kee Lung class destroyer
    • JMSDF: Abukuma, Hatsuyuki, Asagiri, Murasame, Atago, Hyuga
    • Russia: Sovremenny class destroyer, Ka-25 ASW helicopter
    • Royal Navy: Type 45 Daring class destroyer, Albion class LPD
    • PLAN: Jianghu frigate variants, Luda class destroyer, Type 052C class frigate
    • Submarines: Los Angeles, Virginia, Seawolf, Akula, maybe even SSBNs
    • Ground vehicles: Type 90 MBT, M1A2 TUSK, Smerch rocket launcher, etc.
  2. 2. Aircraft carriers

• Wasp class LHD
    • Kuznetsov (Russia) and Shi Lang (PLAN, ex-Varyag)
    • Charles de Gaulle (France)

Abukuma is being uploaded now. Here she is with the rest of the fleet.

post-33721-0-89228300-1458401865_thumb.jpg

This class was originally planned to have a RAM launcher in the space between the superstructure and main gun. ("For but not with" is a common phrase for the USN and RN these days, isn't it?) I've been told that they are finally going to be added starting next year or the year after, so I've included the refit version of the ship as well. Actual dates are subject to change.

I think I'll get back to work on some OPFOR ships next.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yet another masterpiece!! Thanks very much!

I have an announcement to make.

As you probably know, the biggest complaint I've been getting about my ship models is that they aren't cute enough. I know, I know. Every day, I receive hundreds of PMs urging me to make my ships more lovable and ladylike. I wasn't sure how to fix this issue until I discovered the wildly-popular Japanese media franchise "Kantai Collection."

So, starting this April 1st, I will begin revamping all my existing ships and building the entire IJN fleet for Strike Fighters 2... as cute anime girls.

post-33721-0-91814700-1459522234.jpg

Now that's more like it! But how does that translate into a 3D game? Well, I'll be collaborating with modellers from Sega, so here is what you can expect:

To be honest, I'm not sure how to get that cell-shaded effect, or how to do those adorable animations in the SF2 engine. And frankly I have zero experience in modelling human figures. But I won't let that stop me. I promise that I'll give the CombatAce community what it wants!  :salute:

• Like 6

Happy 'holiday' WBS :biggrin:

Loved that anime to bits :angel:

Sorry I've been away for a while. Travelling, working, new SO, etc.

I completely rebuilt the 600gal wing tank I had been working on for the F-2. The dimensions are as accurate as I can get them based on photos and diagrams. I re-purposed a skin by ace888, since it fit so well.

post-33721-0-34532800-1471587514_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-06877300-1471587516_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-06781200-1471587517_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-08143500-1471587518_thumb.jpg

I'm currently building some modern PLA vehicles. These will get a lot of use in the Taiwan and South China Sea terrains. I started these a while ago, but was quickly overwhelmed by the sheer number of variants and sub-types of these designs. So I'm sticking to the most common/interesting ones.

post-33721-0-54668300-1471587536_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-02198500-1471587538_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-26779700-1471587539_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-25052900-1471587540_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-27662900-1471587541_thumb.jpg

When I'm finished with this ground vehicle pack, I'll get back to working on ships.

• Like 14

Good the hear from you! I was just back over this thread a couple of days ago and realized that you had not posted anything in awhile.

Amazing work on those vehicles! I agree about their use once the new terrains were released, and I really love that type 88!

I have been looking forward to theses for ever. great work. one question and no matter your answer I'll not be disappointed with this set when it's released. my question is will some SAM vehicles be included?

whiteknight, for this pack I'm doing a few mobile SAMs: The slightly older HQ-61, Crotale copy HQ-7, and modern gun/missile combo Type 95. The missiles are already done for the first two.

I would like to build an HQ-9 launcher, since I'll need that same missile for certain PLAN ships soon, but I can't find any good reference material for the radar systems they use.

• Like 4

Starting work on the Crotale. The launcher texture is borrowed from my Lafayette and is just temporary.

post-33721-0-38919500-1473429900.jpg

The copy is identical to the original (at least externally), using the same Hotchkiss 4-wheel truck. I'll include a separate version for France and international users in the pack.

Finished the Type 89 multiple rocket launcher. I hate to admit it, but this is kind of a neat vehicle. 40 rounds + 40 more in an on-board reload system.

post-33721-0-91641600-1473429897_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-79669200-1473429899_thumb.jpg

They can really mess up an airbase.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nice!  A beautiful 50-year-old "Secretary class" 378' WHEC - still sporting her original 5-inch/38 as main defensive armament!  Her gas turbines were supposed to be able to push her along at 30 knots but she would be hard-pressed to get her pit log to show anything in excess of 28 knots.  Nowadays her white paint and red-and-blue bow stripe are gone as she is now operated by the Philippine Navy in a sea-gray livery.  Still out there pounding the Pacific waves, however!  Here's how one of her sister ships looks coming in over the stern as an HH-52A pilot mistakes CGC Morgenthau for an aircraft carrier!  

HH-52A landing on CGC Morgenthau near CGAS Brooklyn, Summer 1971.jpg

as is Stary

Wish I could 3D Model, Luckily we have Samurai and other modelers :)

Edited by mikeg_65
update

Notice the CIWS located on back side of ship, there should be Harpoon launchers as well but this picture does not reflect it 

6224edc030f54cd4292ca6e98955d617.gif

• Like 1