Sign in to follow this  
Dej

Email Hacked

Thanks to those who've pointed it out... looks like my email's been hacked. I suggest deleting any emails you may receive from me - without opening 'em, until further notice.

Happened to me Dej.

Don't panic. It may not be your passwords hacked but a worm or trojan in your machine. Update your anti-virus, double it up with a second anti virus, and download a trojan killer.

I was recommended Malwarebytes, Trojan Killer and Spybot, and those on top of AVG seem to have done the trick.

The invasion of privacy still makes you very angry however.

Beware downloading Spybot. The real Spybot is good and completely freeware, but I had some useless piece of junk trying to pass itself off as spybot on a google search. This is the proper Spybot -. http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

I was recommended Malwarebytes, Trojan Killer and Spybot, and those on top of AVG seem to have done the trick.

I'm running Malwarebytes and Spybot over AVG. So far, so good.

Dej,

If that's a Yahoo/Hotmail account, just go in and change your account password. You probably haven't been "hacked" in the true sense of the word...

Cheers,

Parky

Thanks for the helpful advice folks.

I think you're correct, Parky. Whilst I've changed my password in any case I do now suspect it's spoofing rather than a genuine hack.

Dej, I received a mail with only just a web link in it.

I typed it off, opened a Tab and inserted it. It changed into another line, and I saw the first page of "Business Journal".

When I repeated it, I came to another Journal.

Perhaps this can help you or our pc-cracks?

Thanks Olham.

If it's spoffing I don't know what I can do about it. Meanwhile should I need to send anyone on these fora a genuine email I'll prefix the subject line with one of two sets of three letters. Those here can work out what those might be, I'm sure, given my sig and what thes fora are about.