Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Advice for "Pilot Dossiers" management

Just had to "Reset OFF Manager", cause it couldn't match it's entries with the existing pilots.

What happened?

Well, I had opened the "Pilots Dossiers" and deleted my first pilot in there.

I only EVER delete a pilot, when I want to create a new one.

I have noticed, that the OFF Manager can get confused, when you only delete a pilot, without making a new one.

If you make a new Pilot right after deleting one (without leaving OFF inbetween!), it will normally get placed

at the same page like the deleted.

In other words: if you delete Pilot No. 7 in your "Pilot Dossiers", the new pilot will be No. 7 again.

This keeps up the whole order for the OFF Manager.

In my case today, after deleting Pilot No. 1, the new created pilot got placed at the end of them all (in my case Pilot No. 23).

The space for No. 1 remained empty - and the OFF Manager seemed to get confused by this.

So my advice to everyone:

1. When you delete a pilot, create a new one right after that.

2. Just for precaution never delete Pilot No. 1

If this was discovered and explained here before, I'm sorry, then I missed it.

I have avoided this problem by having my 1st 4 pilots be lab rats for QC only, 1 for each playable nationality. They are set to never die and do the dirty work of familiarizing me with any new airplane I want to do a career with, and also testing the in-game appearance of my skins. All my "real" pilots are #5 and higher.

I currently have at least 15 pilots in my dossier. I only delete a pilot after he has been "rubbed out."

Just had to "Reset OFF Manager", cause it couldn't match it's entries with the existing pilots.

What happened?

Well, I had opened the "Pilots Dossiers" and deleted my first pilot in there.

I only EVER delete a pilot, when I want to create a new one.

I have noticed, that the OFF Manager can get confused, when you only delete a pilot, without making a new one.

If you make a new Pilot right after deleting one (without leaving OFF inbetween!), it will normally get placed

at the same page like the deleted.

In other words: if you delete Pilot No. 7 in your "Pilot Dossiers", the new pilot will be No. 7 again.

This keeps up the whole order for the OFF Manager.

In my case today, after deleting Pilot No. 1, the new created pilot got placed at the end of them all (in my case Pilot No. 23).

The space for No. 1 remained empty - and the OFF Manager seemed to get confused by this.

So my advice to everyone:

1. When you delete a pilot, create a new one right after that.

2. Just for precaution never delete Pilot No. 1

If this was discovered and explained here before, I'm sorry, then I missed it.

What you have discovered is one of many things which we could learn about the "Pilot Dossier Text" file.

I have a post in BHaH General Help at this link: http://combatace.com/topic/70886-question-re-pilot-dossier-text-files/

To date there has not be much new knowledge posted at this link, mostly speculation.

I think a sticky on "Pilot Dossier Text file" would be a great place to accumulate the knowledge of the few for the benefit of the many. This post of your could be the first.

What do you think??

Sorry, but I cannot make "stickies" - only the OFF Moderators can do that.

Edit: I have posted the first post there too now.

Edited by Olham