Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Lookie What the UPS Guy Brought Me Today

The best part it was free.......review coming soon........

I wonder how it works with SF2.

I do not wonder how it works in CoD.

• Like 1

not talking to you lucky bstard

I wonder how it works with SF2.

We shall soon find out.

CoD??

I thought Dave said it was FREE!!! :rofl:

I was sooooo afraid to open this thread for fear of seeing an Anal-Buster 2000 with remote I almost turned off my PC. :lol:

Edited by Zurawski
  • Like 2

:rofl:

There are people sooooo lucky around...

That's next on my radar need to sell my old hotas

The best part it was free.......review coming soon........

Nice !

The Warthog works fine with SF2. But I am not cutting it up to mix its internals with my F-4 stick. so I am primarily flying using my F-4 stick which is currently mated to my old X-45. I love the feel and functionality of the Warthog, except for the feel of moving through the center detent. It is not a stick I would use for delicate formation flying and is equally problematic when I play Steel Beasts and use it for aiming the main gun. I need to be able to make small subtle movements with little resistance and certainly no bumps from detents, whereas the Warthog requires a bit of force to get it moving and bumps to much around the center. For aggressive flying, it works great as you either move in a way that doesn't pass through the center or slam it around so hard that it doesn't matter.

For me, it is the throttle that makes this stick such a good product. Looks and feels realistic and can be programmed to do almost anything. The ability to use the Target software to mix all the Thrustmaster products into a single virtual device is really useful for some games, but the lack of integrated rudder pedals is a big miss on Thrustmaster's part. Can't believe they would miss out on the cash flow for such an obviously useful accessory to complete this package.

Since I got my Saitek X-45 working really well with the F-4 stick as opposed to the complicated 24VDC relay interface I had to use with the MS Sidewinder Pro USB, I kind of regret getting the Warthog. Could have used the money elsewhere. But when I start building a semiscale F-4 cockpit, the Warthog throttle will be a main feature unless I decide to cut up the Saitek throttle to make authentic F-4 throttle levers. Of course, if I stick with the Warthog throttle, then it isn't that hard to swap out the F-4 stick for the Warthog stick for DCS Warthog or throw it on the right side for some F-16 action. The Warthog throttle is very similar to an F-15 throttle and my F-4 stick grip is identical to the F-15A stick grip... so if I was smart, I would build an F-15 or A-10 pit rather than an F-4 pit. But guess which airplane it is I love so much that I acquired a real stick and adapted it for game use? I wish I had the money to get a real Martin-Baker MK7 and a real F-4 panel. But my semi-scale intentions should be more practical and possibly might look almost as good.

I get free stuff from the hookers in Springfield. it's getting rid of the stuff that costs money.I am very thankful there were no joysticks involved in those transactions. looks cool Dave. I hope I can upgrade from my Saitek I got at goodwill about 5 years ago one day. lol

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1