Sign in to follow this  
JimAttrill

I come out of warp in a vertical dive

I have to be very careful because when the aircraft comes out of warp it seems to be in a vertical dive which soon exceeds the aircraft max speed and causes damage.

How do I avoid this problem?

I don't remember having this problem when I ran OFF on my old pooter

Edited by JimAttrill

I have to be very careful because when the aircraft comes out of warp it seems to be in a vertical dive which soon exceeds the aircraft max speed and causes damage.

How do I avoid this problem?

I don't remember having this problem when I ran OFF on my old pooter

Do you use auto trim vecause if you have auto trim enabled you will exit warp in a vertical dive.

This is a known problem with later patches and OFF. The solution if you use auto trim is to disable it before you enter warp.

I tried 'auto trim' because the normal elevator trims didn't seem to work. Now, the question is, did the elevator trim commands not work because historically my aircraft (BE2 - I believe in starting at the bottom and it is at least stable) did not have any trim tabs?

I must say that doing 150+ mph in a BE2c dive bomber is not good for the nerves :yikes:

And I DID have this problem before - its just that my memory isn't what it was :blink:

My new(ish) pooter AMD 965 quad @ 3.8 Ghz together with W7 64 my new Club 3D 6450 graphics card gives me 60 fps all the time with settings suggested by Olham. I don't know what half of it means but it seems to work fine. Thanks Olham (again) :salute:

My old ASUS 46xx Card used to make a noise like a 707 - the new card has no fan at all and works fine. It was also half the price!

I didn't think these machines even HAD trim! So i guess if you take it off of auto trim, you really aren't doing anything, correct? Except, of course for some behind-the-scenes stuff that keeps poor Jim here from ending up plummeting earthward sans wings...

Best,

Tom

I tried 'auto trim' because the normal elevator trims didn't seem to work. Now, the question is, did the elevator trim commands not work because historically my aircraft (BE2 - I believe in starting at the bottom and it is at least stable) did not have any trim tabs?

This forum is overflowing with WWI aviation experts that can give far more fact based answers than I, but as I understand it, the vast majority of the planes modeled in OFF would have had any and all trim done prior to flight by the rigging team. Most had no pilot controlled trim functions.

The Auto-Trim in the game, is a left over feature from CFS-3 and is in reality an "auto-level" function and is for keeping your wings level during flight. It is a pure gaming function (i.e. game aid), and not something that those planes ever had.

As stated in the FAQ, use of it should be deactivated prior to engaging Warp otherwise you risk the "uncontrollable lawn dirt plummet to earth" effect upon exiting it. :)

Happy flying!

Madmatt