have thee been done?? Looking at the ones I have (original, plus Lindr's SF1 variants), they're seriously frakked up -- got the bouncy/jigglly/flip-over-and-explode. To say nothing of needed a tweeked FM, and updated avionics and such

So???

Eburger's Swing Wing Fitters pack. It was released July, 2011. I just checked the downloads section.

Edited by NeverEnough

I have a fairly decent pack for the early birds, by using most of the bits on the game (actually i just re-did some nation specific planes and added Boopidoo pit), Eburguer ones work fine to me, and there is a Su-20 for Egypt in the works right now, once it´s completed i hope to make the skins, a Polish variant can easily be made too.

thanks guys!!

(all this, again!, just to take a screen over the new 'Eastern Med' terrain ... the lengths I go too.... :lol: Gotta be the OCD!!)

I have been working on new skins for Florians Su-17. I'm working on a camo and plain silver on. silver is just about done. just trying to more info on stencils and stuff.

this is a great pak... the only things needed are tweeking all the data inis to 'attach' the position light to wings so the move when swinging, and adding the gun ranging radar to all the avionics inis.

Wrench:

I will be doing an update to that pack at some point to incorporate new skins -- Paulopanz expressed an interest in doing some. I'll add the position light fixes at the same time.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

thanks Eric!

you know the code, right? I've only done the 20B, as that has the Libyan skin I wanted for the screenie...don't know if they all use the same node name

[LeftPositionLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=-6.75,-6.7,0.35

LightSrcOffset=-0.3,0.00,0.00

Color=0.98,0.25,0.25

Brightness=0.03

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=FALSE

MovingLight=TRUE

AttachedNodeName=wing_left_outer

[RightPositionLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position= 6.8,-6.7,0.35

LightSrcOffset=0.30,0.00,0.00

Color=0.25,0.98,0.25

Brightness=0.03

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=FALSE

MovingLight=TRUE

AttachedNodeName=wing_right_outer

-----

[AvionicsData]

Name=SRD-5M

GunsightRangingOnly=TRUE

RangeUnit=Meters

TrackRange=1000.0

ScanBeamAngle=10.0

MinAltitude=1828.8

A bird told me that someone will be (re)working on some SU-22s....

I have an egyptian Su-20 which i have updated a bit. this iron pig needs an ini upgrade, (wrench) have only worked on the 3D file ;-)

source is from florian...

the 22 will not be from me... so expect more details :-P

A bird told me that someone will be (re)working on some SU-22s....

but not this year :grin:

i still have to finish the MiG-29 first

It does this to me... and, because Floggers also use this cockpit they are the same. Just wanted to know if it misses a file, or my game starts to collapse again? ((

img00001.JPG

nope, you're missing files

check the OUT, if it has one, for texture listing down at the bottom

if not, hex editor time!

open the lod with a hex editor and search for tga and bmp. write them down, compare to what actually IN the folder, and located the missing ones

I checked everywhere... no files are missing. the mirror.bmp however is a white rectangle... I changed it to something completely different, but no sign of any change. So I have no idea. Maybe the game graphic options... or Dx9? But this addon was made in 2011, long before SF2 NA...

edit... BUT there is a BMP that is not listed ... not used within the LOD "Su-17_side_bar.bmp"

That happens sometimes, you find files in the folders that are not used for the lod. About the white parts, have you tried another terrain.

On my end my pc ist not so strong to have enough memory and power to load all tge textures so some parts remain white.

Over the desert, israel and taiwan i have no problems with missing files.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the idea about memory... I tried it out. All terrains are the same in this case, and no other addons do this (among those I tried yet). But, it does have to do something with detail level, as I set it to the lowest possible setting, and those white areas turned black (or some dark material) I suppose thats correct, how it should look like? My opinion is that the material is somehow disappearing at a certain detail level setting. Most interesting because bigger and more complex models have no such problems.

Thats all I could investigate though.... and thanks for the help!

Its a matter of a sumary of objects and stuff that is loaded during start up in your cache and memory. If your opponents are standart tk fighters, ist all fine. Low res skins, not a large poly count or similar things. When i fly ravenclaw stuff, im praying all the time for non white areas. But it never,happen cause the detail level outperformes my machiene frequently.

I even started to have probs with my own birds, the 152 use 4096 res skins and it turnes all the time white. Will release a lower skin version for lower end machines. Thats the stuff i have encountert so far. It depents on the mix of addons and objects usedin one mission.

Do u use xp or 7?

Me myself came to such idea, when my game collapsed... Yes I use dx9 modified SF2 NA Iceland map, and Win XP on a notebook of shared memory video card.

... as I wrote in another topic suddenly, ships and some ground objects lost all their textures. I thought, I messed up the ini files... I restored them - did not help. Then I thought, might be because of ForceDx9 - did not help. Finally I removed all addons from the addon dir, I thought there might be too much of them - did not help. Then, I started a different exe file (not the renamed SF2 NA XP) and created a new addon dir - that was what helped.

In this particular case with the Su-17 cockpit, I did the same, I put the planes into a fresh, cloned EXE and addon dir, alone. so a case with too much textures can be excluded. What I think, that either the material is incompatible with a certain detail level and/or it is not compatible with my Dx9 system.

To save memory, I did the same procedure with SF2: Falklands, I put it into a fresh cloned game starting with SF2 falklands.EXE. It works perfectly, although very slowly I have to admit. And it's a complex set of addons... therefore I think its not about memory this time.

OFF/ what kind of planes you make? Do you make cockpits too?

Im building some unusual stuff, have worked on the su-17 line have also a slightly updated nodel of the su-20 from florian on my disk, needs just small work to be finished.

Ye-152A and M are on my list,La-200 also and iam working on the Dassault Rafale A,B,C interior. The exterior was done by heberth and jean. My duty is to finish the interior with increased detail level.

Su-33kub is also on my list, since two years. I hope i can solve my probs with that max file.

They called my mr. fakepilotmethod, for a time, Tu-22K,KD,U,UD and so on, sane with the Su-7U mod, su-15U and UM... And so on and on ;) hope thats enough info so far. Next thing that will come is the J-7III mod of the MiG-21MF with soulfreaks skins. After this the Ye-152

Whoa... really impressive.!! I like eastern planes, especially experimentals. I'd like to see a E-7PD and a real MiG-23PD flying. It would not be difficult to make the MiG-23PD VTOL flight. I'm fiddling with the Yak-38 right now, at least with ini and armament settings. I was told someone doing its cockpit, it would be really good to have such. Everything else is done just there is no cockpit ((( I also wanted to modify animations ( the lift engine door anim is part of the landig gear anim ) and little parts of the plane, but its stock model cannot be changed. At least what I read on these forums. And I think it does not worth modelling the whole plane again, from zero just to correct a little part of the stock stuff ((