Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

sorting out the download section

Today I was searching for something and I had to go trough 48 pages of planes :dntknw: I know its alot of work, but it would be good to have it sorted like the SF1 downloadsection. I makes it easier to find something.

:drinks:

Is it adressed already`?

• Like 1

Thought Dave said he wasn't gonna do it because he didn't want to break the site again?

That's right folks...last time we did that it shut the site down. Never again. What were you looking for and what word did you use in the search engine?

I actually like browsing trough that big list. I find something new every time :D

So creating new categories and moving downloads based on download id kills the site??

So creating new categories and moving downloads based on download id kills the site??

Oh I doubt that. It was something I did for sure that is why I'm not doing it.

it's a frakking nightmare to do ... trust me.

When the SF2 WW2 section opened, took me 8 hours to rearrange it AND the What If section.

I can just imagine breaking the Aircraft (and SKINS!!!) into Cold War/Modern/Post-Modern.

makes my sphincter slam just thinking about it...

i didnt knew it shut down the site last time. i was looking for the tunan, but i have misspelt it. so i had no result.

i have this effect all the time im going trough the sites. i always see new stuff.

thanks for your answers and explanations ;-)

best way to do it, is make all new hidden categories that only admins can see, and start filtering them 1 by 1 into their categories, then make them public when your done.

i did this for another site, and we had to disable uploads and it took about 2 weeks, we used some off/custom version of PHP-Nuke though.

Edited by SkateZilla

76::

48 pages of planes :dntknw:

If you didn't know the Show Filter Options at the bottom where you can set 25 planes per page and so reducing the current SF-2 aircraft list to a mere 18 pages, now you do. :drinks:

I rather enjoy browsing, looking for something, but stumbling on stuff I did NOT know about, that I can use, and might not have discovered if not for having to browse roundabout.

You knows what funny, as long as I have been here and the sheer amount of files I have approved. I still find stuff here I didn't know about.

76, lets make a deal. You know a Deal deal. Maybe you're a republican.

I'm back running now on my big map, solving some thorny issues I knew I'd run into, so if I upload it, you upload that La-200. My map needs 200 for obvious reasons. Well if Dave approves but hopefully he won't remember approving anything in the morning. Deal?