OlPaint01

Bundle of JSGME enabled Realism Mods

Hello M8s

I am currently working on another great bundle of OFF Mods. This time the bundle is of JSGME enabled realism mods for combat conditions that have been released so far. The Great Bundle would include Herr Prop-Wasche's Weather and Sky Mods, Buddy1998's modified Missions Mod from Bletchley's files (using the set that is without the Lone Wolf missions) and Bletchley's AA Mod.

My goal is to be able to pick a month in the JSGME console so that I might activate only the appropreate realism mod files for that particular date at one time. This would ease the task a little bit of managing the combat conditions as the War progresses.

I will be needing permissions to publish this Great Bundle of Realism Mods JSGME Enabled for other folk to download.

@Bletchley and

@Buddy1998

I am unable to PM to you guys.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

wow!..... that'll be fantastic m8..well done, I hope the guys give the OK (I'm sure they will) :good:

@HPW

@Bletchley

@Buddy1998

Here is the schema I worked out for the Great Bundle of Realism Mods JSGME Enabled.

The latest version of JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME) can be downloaded from

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Generic-Mod-Enabler-Download-105848.html

==Using the Generic Mod Enabler==

1. Ensure that you have a clean, unmodded installation of your game, preferably with the latest patch(es) installed. If you are

already running a prior version of the Generic Mod Enabler, disable all enabled mods.

2. Install the Generic Mod Enabler to your game's root folder and run once. You will be asked to enter a mods folder name. Unless

your game already uses a folder called MODS, it is recommended that you simply press OK to accept the default MODS name. The

chosen folder will be created if it does not already exist. At this point you should take a snapshot of your "clean" game files by

selecting the "Generate snapshot of game files" option from the "Tasks..." list. This snapshot can be used to verify the integrity

of the game files at a later date, after you have installed and uninstalled mods (see "Further notes on usage" for more

information).

3. After downloading a mod, unzip it into a sub-folder under the MODS folder (call the sub-folder what you like, but use something

that defines what the mod is). Note that the modder may have already set up the mod to be "JSGME compatible", in which case this

step and the following step will be done for you. In such instances follow the installation instructions that come with the mod.

4. Ensure that the unzipped files under the new MOD sub-folder replicate the game's folder structure. For example, with Over

Flanders Fields you should see something like:

5. Run JSGME.exe and you should see the mod listed as an available mod. Simply select and press the ">" button, or click and drag

from Available Mods to Activated Mods and the mod is installed!

That's it! Repeat steps 3 to 5 for each additional mod that you want to install and then simply exit the Generic Mod Enabler and

load your (now modded) game as usual.

-----------------

post-21226-0-03632900-1336198959.jpg

If I want to fly sorties during April 1916 in an Active Sector, I would activate the Realism Mods in the following manner:

I will

(1) Activate the 'HPW Skies' Mod (this will only need to be activated just once), then

(2) Activate the 'HPW Weather 1916' Mod, then

(3) Activate the 'Buddy1998 Missions 1916 1 ActiveSector Jan-Jun' Mod, then

(4) Activate the 'Bletchley AA 1916 1 Jan-Apr' Mod.

We are now ready to fly OFF during April 1916.

If I want to change the date to May 1916 for an Active Sector:

I would just

(1) Deactivate the 'Bletchley AA 1916 1 Jan-Apr' Mod, then

(2) Activate the 'Bletchley AA 1916 2 May-Jun' mod.

We are now ready to fly OFF during May 1916.

-----------------

I noticed right off that in my schema HPW's Weather Mod first loads a copy of 'OFFHistoricalWeather19xx.txt' file. Then Buddy1998's (Bletchley's Modified) Missions Mod overwrites this with a possibly different copy of its own that may in fact be the same 'OFFHistoricalWeather19xx.txt' file. I was wondering if that is really an unnecessary duplicate action that I could edit out of either one of the individual Mods? Also, if I had to make a choose as to which set of OFFHistoricalWeather19xx.txt files are the more appropriate to use in this Great Bundle?

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

I have completed work on another great bundle of OFF Mods. This time the bundle is of JSGME enabled realism mods for combat conditions that have been released so far. The Great Bundle includes Herr Prop-Wasche's Weather and Sky Mods, Bletchley's Missions Mod, Buddy1998's modified Missions Mod from Bletchley's files (the file set that is without the Lone Wolf missions) and Bletchley's AA Mod.

My goal is to be able to pick a month in the JSGME console so that I might activate all the appropreate realism mod files for that particular date at one time. This would ease the task a little bit of managing the combat conditions as the War progresses.

Here is an example of how to use the Great Bundle:

If I want to fly sorties during April 1916 in an Active Sector, I would activate the Realism Mods in the following manner:

I will

(1) Activate the 'HPW Skies' Mod (this will only need to be activated just once), then

(2) Activate the 'HPW Weather 1916' Mod, then

(3a) Activate the 'Buddy1998 Missions 1916 1 ActiveSector Jan-Jun' Mod (for sorties without Lone Wolf missions), OR

(3b) Activate the 'Bletchley Missions 1916 1 ActiveSector Jan-Jun' Mod (for sorties with Lone Wolf missions), then

(4) Activate the 'Bletchley AA 1916 1 Jan-Apr' Mod.

We are now ready to fly OFF during April 1916.

If I want to change the date to May 1916 for an Active Sector:

I would just

(1) Deactivate the 'Bletchley AA 1916 1 Jan-Apr' Mod, then

(2) Activate the 'Bletchley AA 1916 2 May-Jun' mod.

We are now ready to fly OFF during May 1916.

-----------

Please follow the link below to access the files in the package.

https://b2.emaillargefile.net:441/s/AVTSSPOHYFXJK

This Great Bundle contains Realism Mods by Bletchley, Herr Prop-Wasche, and Buddy1998 for OBDSoftware Over Flanders Fields:Hat in the Ring WW1 combat flight sim enabled for JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler.

Please use package password: abc123

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

This is fantastic work Olpaint01! Thank you so much for compiling and organizing all of these great mods into an easy to manage system. What a wonderful gift to the community.

And of course many thanks to Creaghorn, HPW, Buddy1998 and Bletchley for creating the mods to begin with!

What an awesome community we have here. Seriously.

Hellshade

Really nice work, OlPaint01 on the Great War Bundle!

Regarding which weather mod to use, I'll have to get back to you on that. I think the weather files and the mission files are different, so loading Buddy's mission files should not affect my weather files. If I'm not mistaken you will only see my "skies" if you also use my OFFHistoricalWeather19xx.txt files. However, I only added a couple of new sky conditions, so most people can probably get by without that. On the other hand, I did a lot of extensive re-doing of the mission frequencies in the weather19xx.txt files and you will miss out on those if you don't use my weather19xx.txt files. You are also more likely to fly at least one mission on a lightly raining day in an active sector compared to the stock weather files, which are more likely to give you a "washout" day. I also worked to increase the snow cover in the winter months, so if you like to feel like you are flying in the depths of winter you might want to stick to my weather files. Finally, my weather files corrected a few errors that I found in the original weather files, including a couple of long stretches of the same weather conditions lasting up to two or three weeks.

@HPW

So if I read you correctly, I should firstly pick the properly dated Mission Mod file from either Bletchley's or Buddy1998's collections to activate in JSGME, depending on whether I want Lone Wolf patrols or not, that correspond to the OFF Campaign date for either active or quiet sector. Then secondly activate your Skies Mod and finally activate your Weather Mod. This would guarantee that your improved (corrected) OFFHistoricalWeather19xx.txt files don't get overwritten.

BTW, did you notice that Bletchley used a modified OFFHistoricalWeather1915.txt file only for his own 1915 active and quiet missions but not in any other of his dated mission files. Curious, what? I am just speculating that Bletch might not have discovered the errors in the default OFFHistoricalWeather19xx.txt files that you found and corrected. Also, this is no criticism on my part, but an observation - he seems to use a little more complete explaination in the comment fields for the descriptions of each dated weather period than you were with your descriptions. IMHO, this is very good for immersion effect. I would love to edit Bletchley's comments into your OFFHistoricalWeather19xx.txt files.

@Bletchley

Would it be alright to edit out your OFFHistoricalWeather1915.txt file from the 1915 active and quiet missions files of your Missions Mod and apply only HPW's 'Corrected' OFFHistoricalWeather19xx.txt files that activate when his Weather Mod is selected from inside the JSGME console? This would sure simplify managing the Realism Mods Bundle immensely.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

I'm not home until tonight, so I can't say about the order of the files. I'll know by tomorrow, however.

In answer to your observation about Bletchley's files, that's why I went ahead and did weather files for 1916-1918! :wink:

@HPW

OK, to be perfectly correct, I should take Bletchley's OFFHistoricalWeather1915.txt and combine it with your OFFHistoricalWeather1916, ...1917, and ...1918 files to make a Grand Corrected Weather files collection.

OTOH, should we just use your set of corrected 1915-1918 Weather files and be done with it. Since your files completely support your Skies Mod. Just asking your opinion...Of course...Bletchley would have to agree to remove his own Weather1915 portion from his Missions Mod. Then the combination of Mods would be very easy to manage, IMHO.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

I am fine with anything you want to do with my files :)

The main change I made to the 1915 file was to reduce air activity, and I think it should be compatible with HPW 1916-1918 files.

Bletchley

@Bletchley

Thanks for your permissions. I am working HPW to get the lastest versions of OFFHistoricalWeather19xx.txt files documented and included for the next release of 'Great Bundle OFF Realism_JSGME enabled' package. I plan to move your OFFHistoricalWeather1915.txt over into his Weather Mod. So when your Mission Mod date/sector files are activated there will be no conflict with his Weather Mod date/sector activated files. In other words, the Mission Mods will have all the MissionType files and Weather Mod will have all the Weather files. And I also want to confirm compatability with HPW Skies Mod.

Here is my directory/folder schema document for the OFF Realism Bundle:

Great Bundle OFF Realism - Schema.doc

OlPaint01

I don't have a 1915 version of the weather files, so adding Bletchely's 1915 weather files to mine should not cause any conflict.

HPW skies just adds a few cloud types to the cloud classes that are randomly generated for each mission depending on the cloud class designated in the weather files, so it also should not cause any conflicts.

@HPW

Roger that!!! The next version of Great Bundle OFF Realism Mod JSGME Enable will include Bletchley's latest version of his single Weather1915 file combined with the set of Weather1916-1918 active and quiet sector files inside your Weather Mod. I will accomplish this by moving the weather sub-folder out of Bletchley's Missions Mod, and moving it to your Weather Mod, thus preventing an activation of a conflicting Weather1915 file when your Weather Mod is activated. Clear as Mud, aye what?

@RAF_Louvert

I have not getting any Joy with the CombatAce Download Section upload portal. I am getting error message that I am not authorized. CA helpdesk has not responded to my trouble ticket.

OlPaint01

Oops! Me too. Have you reached your download limit on that website, OlPaint01?

Hello M8s

Try this new link:

Please follow the link below to access the files in the package.

https://b2.emaillargefile.net:441/s/2SR5Z6Z0NKS1N

The Great Bundle includes Herr Prop-Wasche's Weather and Sky Mods, Bletchley's Missions Mod, Buddy1998's modified Missions Mod from Bletchley's files (using the set that is without the Lone Wolf missions) and Bletchley's AA Mod for OBDSoftware Over Flander...

Package password: abc123

-----------

I wish I could post my bundles on CA Download Section. It would make things so much more easier. I keep getting a message that I am not authorized. Rats!!!

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

OOPS. I think I figured out the issue with downloads from the EmailLargeFiles transfer service I am using.

The Link that I just post here in the forum is good for only one download - only one!. Dooh! I have been sending the link information and password to myself and copying that unique link to the forum posted link. Once the first 'anyone' grabs the file with that posted link it is essentially locked out to any further downloads.

So, the transfer service site requires that I send the download link out to individual email addresses. I am guessing that is what makes the download accounting on the transfer service work for record keeping.

So, until I figure out how to get authorized to upload to CA Download Section, Please send me a PM with your email addie and I will link you to both the Sound Bundle and the Realism Bundle downloads.

Olpaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Well Folks, I successfully uploaded the Realism Mods bundle to CA Download Section. I finally discovered that only the Chrome browser worked for me to make the transfer. So here is the link

http://combatace.com/topic/72623-great-bundle-realism-mods-jsgme-enabled/page__pid__571647#entry571647

Enjoy.

Olpaint01

Edited by OlPaint01