Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

1984 is reborn via Big Brother!

You are free to do as you're told! It's the same in Europe. Ques things will have get worse before we all see they're putting walls and bars around us. :boredom:

The question is, which do people value more: freedom or security? The FBI's job is to provide security and if our freedom allows terrorists and other criminals to communicate without any fear of being monitored, the FBI's job is much harder. They have already had the right to monitor phone calls and even made sure digital phones would provide a way for them to decipher any digital voice traffic. So, this is a no-brainer for them, just extending the rights they have already had to the latest technological advance in communications. I heard a discussion about this on the radio and it was pointed out that even with encrypted email, they get a warrant to put a key logger on your PC while you aren't home and get the info they need to access your digital information anyway. The new laws being proposed just make it easier to do what they have already been doing anyway.

No one has really raised a fuss about the NSA continuously scanning phone calls for keywords, cameras being put up all over the place, or numerous other compromises in our privacy and freedom that should otherwise be protected by the original right to no unreasonable search and seizure without probable cause. It is quite apparent that a significant majority of US citizens want big brother to watch them, provide their health care, feed, cloth, and shelter them. Careful what you wish for...

Famous quote cited by Ben Franklin:

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Edited by streakeagle

People are free to share their valuable experiences through social networks, like "I'm bored", "I'm hungry now", "I'm HERE, with SOMEONE" ... experiences leading most often by a "I don't care" from us, unwritten but strongly thought.

Meh, if fear of being tapped by The Feds makes people spend less time social notworking perhaps society will go back to being productive again.

• Like 2

It's not the fear of social network tapping that worries people; that's the LEAST of anyone's concerns. It's the knowledge that if even 1 area of your personal communications is tapped, where will the intrusion in our lives stop? I for one, didn't spend all those years tramping around the globe in the name of "Freedom", to meekly give it up at home because so many of my countrymen are gutless cowards afraid of their own shadow, and are willing to give away what my wife and I risked our butts for in 2 conflicts on foreign soil, just for the illusion of someone telling them "it's okay."

There's ALWAYS going to be a danger of some sort in the world, man-made, natural, or cosmic; so how is letting ANY agency read my personal communications going to help combat that? And I've heard the line "If you don't have anything to hide, what are you worried about?" Some of the worst abuses and atrocities in the world have been committed under the guise of "knowing what was best" for everyone else, by a select few. Making it legal doesn't make it right. I never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was "legal." And if you consider that an extreme comparison, remember most disasters start with small events that people think "aren't that bad."

Famous quote cited by Ben Franklin:

Have to admit, that was the first thing I thought when I read the article.

I wonder, if the next step on their agenda is the creation of some "safety camps". It'll be much easier to keep people safe behind a high wall in a fully tapped environment with free censored Internet and multiple checkpoints at every street corner. Right?

Ehm, sometimes i think the old mighty "Staatssicherheit" = STASI of the GDR is looking like a bundle poor idiots if compared with the possibilities which are used today.

Your opposition to this plan has been noted and entered into the appropriate, cross-referenced databases for further action and correction of anti-social behaviour.

You can all expect the unannounced visit from The Dear Leader's minions and your corrective re-education by the Obstruction of Justice Department at a time of our choosing and your greatest inconvenience.

All for the Greater Glory of The Revolution - FORWARD!!!