Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

BiohazCentral Screenshot Contest

Time for a new BiohazCentral contest!

With the 63rd Anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, we thought it would be fitting to have that as the theme. So, create your best Pearl Harbor-inspired screenshot and submit it to BiohazCentral. Anything goes, you can Photoshop, use non-period aircraft, etc. Just use your imagination!

The staff will pick the best 5, then put them up for a member vote. The winner will receive a promotional copy of Pacific Fighters. But you have to act fast, all submission must be posted by December 6th at 6PM Pacific Time (-8 GMT). At that time the staff will choose the best 5, then I will put them up for everyone to vote. The open voting will start at 12AM on December 7th and be open for 24 hours. I will announce the winner on December 8th.

All submissions must be posted with the following info:

• What sim and graphic tools you used to create the screenshot
  • Pic Title
  • Any other notes or thoughts on what inspired you are welcome

Please post your submissions in this thread. You can either link to your pic remotely, or upload the image in a post here on the forum. You can enter as many pics as you like. Once all the submissions are received I will move the top 5 to a new thread with a poll for voting.

Biohaz Staff are not eligible.

If you have any questions please post them in this thread. Now get to work, and good luck to all you artists! :victory:

here are my entries for the screenshot competition.

All done with actual pearl harbour photographs as backdrops with superimposed screenshots from pacific fighters. With some tweaking and filters. :biggrin: All done in photoshop 7.

post-2891-1102093371_thumb.jpg

post-2891-1102093398_thumb.jpg

post-2891-1102093413_thumb.jpg

post-2891-1102093430_thumb.jpg

Well, my first post on this forum, I might as well do something usefull with it :)

Heres my entry

Its called, Return to Ford Island

The shot was taken in Fs2004 and heavily messed around with in Photoshop CS

I tried to depict an old P-40 flying back into the scene of the attack 63 years later. Consequentially the P-40 is one of the only two planes that made it up that day..

post-2887-1102137191_thumb.jpg

I hope its alright posting the full resolution shot, You'll need to enlarge it to see it properly

Edited by Squibby

Times winding down guys....anymore entries???? Let's see 'em

Hello all!

Here's my entry. I'll try to have another before the deadline! :grin:

Done from a Pacific Fighters screenshot and actual photograph with Photoshop

Titled: "Suprise Attack"

S! RIP-88

post-2871-1102299974_thumb.jpg

Edited by RIP-88

Here Is my set of Entries Called 'First Wave'

Taken From MOH: Pacific Assault Used Paint Shop Pro 8, Added my own touches (smoke on boats, Extra Planes Etc)

post-1411-1102370663_thumb.jpg

post-1411-1102370785_thumb.jpg

All submissions are in and I have posted a copy of all pics in the Gallery. Please go here to view them all and vote on the winner:

Pearl Harbor Screenshot Contest Voting

I will announce the winner December 8th at 9PM Pacific Time (-8GMT) Now get in there and vote on your favorite. :victory:

It was a close vote, but in the end the winner was:

RIP-88 and his entry "Surprise Attack"

6_G.sized.jpg

Congrats to RIP-88! You can see the results of the voting here:

Voting Results

Rant Mode ON

On a side note, I just wanted to post my disappointment at the lack of participation with this contest. I thought a chance at a shot at a free copy of Pacific Fighters would get a lot of interest, but instead we had a handful of entries and only about 38 total votes on the contest. :dntknw: I had some more stuff to give away, but if this is all the interest we are going to generate then maybe I should just forget the whole thing... :sad:

I think part of the problem was the short time span. Throwing together art in a week isn't all that easy. But hey, keep at it MJ, it only takes one look at the "who's on" list to see how many registered users were brought in by the first giveaway :D

I think a lot of your die hard BioHaz fans already had PF as well. Not that is would really stop any of us who are artistically empowered, ha.

A week is a short time though, PG is right. Gotta have time for word to get out, for people to make an image, submit it and then close the submissions for voting.

Jeff--

Sorry the contest didn't create the interest you were hoping for. The guys on the forum have good points about the tight timelines maybe being a factor. With a couple of weeks notice, I'm sure this would've been alot bigger.

S! RIP-88

I would have probably made an attempt at entering this contest, 'cept for one thing.

Dialup.

Don't get me wrong; I am SO glad to at least be able to get online, get email, etc... But downloading and uploading files with dialup is, for the most part, a waste of time. The most I can usually get is 42 Kbps on a good day.

Maybe next time, MJ. If I can get DSL again, I'll try entering the contest. Maybe some carrier cats and traps!

Go Navy!

NC