Wayfarer

Michael Offensive Spring 1918

I recently reached the end of March 1918, and the 'Michael' offensive has duly begun. I am flying RE8s with 5 squadron (RAF now) and have flown low contact patrols in the area to the north of Lens. There is much ground activity, and I have never seen so many allied aircraft, both in numbers and types, operating at once.

I haven't seen any German aircraft though. I wasn't sure whether I should expect to.

Has anyone else flown in that area at around that period? if so, how much German air activity was there?

I have always been based in Flanders, and the most intense period of enemy air activity for me was during the 'Fokker Scourge' period.

I have regional air activity set to heavy, and Bletchley's '1918 Active Sector January-April' mod activated. From some recent posts, I am beginning to wonder if something is not quite right with my installation.

Edited by Wayfarer

Wayfarer, historically you should be seeing quite a lot of German two-seaters flying support for the advancing ground troops, and therefore German fighters flying cover for said two-seaters.

For P3, it was set up based on units operating from their historical aerodromes, and very generalised activity levels p4 will be much more closely integrated with the war on the ground

That being said, the first phase of Kaiserschlacht was aimed at Amiens, with the northern flank of the push just south of Arras. The next phase, in early April, came down the Lys, through Armentières. Lens lies between those two major battlegrounds, and was relatively quiet

Cheers,

Shredward

Edited by shredward
damn IPhone

Just ask Shredward, he knows. Thanks for the detailed info Sir.

... p4 will be much more closely integrated with the war on the ground

... ... DROOL DROOL ... ... ... ...DROOL DROOL ... ...DROOL DROOL ... ... .. DROOL DROOL DROOL DROOL

DROOL DROOL DROOL ... ... DROOL DROOL ... ... DROOL DROOL ... ... ... ... .. DROOL ... ... ... DROOL

DROOL . ... ... ... . DROOL... ... DROOL ... ... ... ... ... . DROOL ... ... ... ... ... . ... ... .. DROOL ... ... ... DROOL

DROOL . ... ... ... . DROOL... ... DROOL DROOL ... .. DROOL DROOL ... ... ... ... ... DROOL ... ... ... DROOL

DROOL . ... ... ... . DROOL... ... DROOL DROOL ... .. DROOL DROOL ... ... ... ... ... DROOL ... ... ... DROOL

DROOL . ... ... ... . DROOL... ... DROOL ... ... ... ... ... . DROOL ... ... ... ... ... . ... ... ... DROOL ... ... ... DROOL

DROOL . ... ... ... . DROOL... ... DROOL ... ... ... ... ... . DROOL ... ... ... ... ... .. ... ... .. DROOL ... ... ... DROOL

DROOL DROOL DROOL ... ... DROOL ... ... ... ... ... .. DROOL ... ... ... ... ... . ... ... ... DROOL ... ... ... DROOL

... ... DROOL DROOL ... ... ... ...DROOL ... ... ... ... ... . DROOL ... ... ... ... ... ... . DROOL DROOL DROOL DROOL

p4 will be much more closely integrated with the war on the ground

Excellent! I really am looking forward to flying some very intense Schlachtstaffeln missions.

Gesundheit, Pips.

My oh my ... Olham drooling ... Pips sneezing ... seems like there may be a touch of the OFF2 flu going around. Glad I haven't been affe-affe-affected by it. :pilotfly:

Yeah sorry about that, I do tend to get quite offensive during the spring time.

Mmuahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!

For P3, it was set up based on units operating from their historical aerodromes, and very generalised activity levels p4 will be much more closely integrated with the war on the ground

That being said, the first phase of Kaiserschlacht was aimed at Amiens, with the northern flank of the push just south of Arras. The next phase, in early April, came down the Lys, through Armentières. Lens lies between those two major battlegrounds, and was relatively quiet

Cheers,

Shredward

Thanks Shredward. Looks like I have just been lucky and got handed the quiet spot!