Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

My flights are starting off the map...?

I'm running everything but SF2NA merged at the April 2012 patch level. I have Stary's Germany CE tiles and trees installed, but no changes to my _targets.ini

3 times in the last 2 days I've started a generated Armed Recon mission in an A-10A (nation = USAF), clicked "fly", and once the mission's loaded I'm presented with blue sky and whitish horizon and nothing else. No plane. No ground. No cockpit. Can't cycle views or anything. I exit out of the mission, select "refly", and check the map. The start and end waypoints are somewhere down past the bottom left corner and aren't displayed. If I go back to the single mission screen and try a new mission, I don't have the issue. Waypoints and map are just as they should be.

Is this a known issue? I know I've seen some posts about this, but I thought most of them were USN or carrier related...

I get the same issue, just dont have a clue what causes it, always that bottom left corner too..... :dntknw:

Was there in WOV years back - is it only armed recon that has the problem? is this only with the A-10A? -

Used to get it with ship missions that had no defined areas.

Try defining more movement areas in GERMANYCE_MOVEMENT.ini - or check you dont have a really old one in the Terrain folder.

Edited by MigBuster

interesting to note, the bottom left corner of EVERY terrain is the 000000,000000 point. all 'places' are measured from that spot