Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

RAZBAM Flight Club / FSX Miramar

From the website.....

RAZBAM Flying Club / FSX MIRAMAR

We are the newest FSX virtual military organization and hope to soon be one of the best ! Not as strict and demanding as some , but still true to the basics of military aviation . Soon , we hope to join others for joint military operations as refueling and carrier ops . Check forum section for sessions info .

As it says we are a new group that is meant to be fun as well as professional. While it is desired that RAZBAM's birds be used members can also use anything that they wish. At this time we are just starting up with an Operation Flight every Saturday unless otherwise posted. I am part of the staff this time as the Ops Boss/ Gunner, so once I can figure out how to make missions in FSX the flights should be "interesting. Looks us up....

http://fsx-miramar.webs.com/

RAZBAM is sponsoring the club and have Ron's support. There are contests monthly with prizes from RAZBAM, winners choice of any RAZBAM product, this is straight from the Boss. Next month is Case1 CARQUALS, so join and start practicing your traps, members go through a training syllabus and any former members of the old ACOTC and CAV40 need only go through a REFTRA session to be requalled. If you want to fly Navy in MSFS but don't want to deal with the BS rules that the Vets hate and the posers love give us a shot.

Just signed up. I've had the A-6, EA-6B and F-102 for a while.

Screenshots show the now freeware IRIS S-3 also? Awesome. Still a great jet to fly.

-S

Interesting option as some of the Military type ones are the worst to fly with might have to go shopping at RazBam's now and buy some jets practice and then join...

Interesting option as some of the Military type ones are the worst to fly with might have to go shopping at RazBam's now and buy some jets practice and then join...

The difference between us and the ones of which you speak is this, the staff is composed of military Vets who are doing this for the fun and friendship, the other ones fell in love with a rule book and tries to suck the fun out of a hobby. Yes we do have rules but they are there for a smoother running of the group and are less than a page long, unlike one group I know of that has a f**king 10+ page PDF of BS Rules and Regulations. Another thing, we have three members that served together in the same squadron and are now "serving' virtually together again. By all means come and join up, we already have Storm and NavyChief, and me so you know you'll be in good company.

The difference between us and the ones of which you speak is this, the staff is composed of military Vets who are doing this for the fun and friendship, the other ones fell in love with a rule book and tries to suck the fun out of a hobby. Yes we do have rules but they are there for a smoother running of the group and are less than a page long, unlike one group I know of that has a f**king 10+ page PDF of BS Rules and Regulations. Another thing, we have three members that served together in the same squadron and are now "serving' virtually together again. By all means come and join up, we already have Storm and NavyChief, and me so you know you'll be in good company.

Well I joined thanks for the welcome on it, just need to get some time to sit down and drive on and off a Carrier or 12 as it's been a long while since I have done and FSX carrier flying... though I like the fact you have an Aggressor squadron or 2 with F-5's... amongst other things hopefully this weekend will be fairly free for me to join in and have some fun...

Been flying with the group for just over a week now and am loving it. It truly is a lot of fun. And not with the normal virtual squadron BS. I get that enough in the real military.

The plane set is good, obviously centered around RAZBAM products, but other aircraft are used also. And we've integrated air refueling ops into the flights. There is a freeware gauge that is excellent and easily installed into any aircraft.

So, if you are looking for a great group to fly some naval ops with, check it out.

-Storm

Thought I'd do an update on the club. After some thinking about the direction we needed to go we have decided to focus on 1965-1995. For SEA operations it looks like CSAR, Brown Water Navy and some CV operations.With the release of various AI ships that can be made pilotable helo operations off of DD's are a big possibility. Stateside ops will continue training from NAS North Island, Lemmore Fallon, Key West and MCAS Miramar.

Since a few of us are Sci-Fi/anime fans some "what if?" scenarios will be done to make sure we have something to do just for grins. Our core group of active pilots is growing slowly and we welcome anyone interested in flying be it casual or hardcore. One thing we don't do there is try not to take ourselves seriously, I mean, comon, the let me plan operations and be an Instructor Pilot.