Hello,

I was just wondering, by comparison to american jets like the F15, and F/A18 on SFP1, the russian Mig29, and Mig25 aren't nearly half as quick, despite the fact that they're meant to be?

They just seem terribly slow?

Is this correct? Or is it just me?

Thanks for your time, Chris :biggrin:

Edited by chrislancaster01

Chris..welcome to Biohaz,and to answer your question,most of the aircraft released are continually being tweaked by their builders.I'm sure the aircraft will become great...

I've noticed this recently. With full burner I could barely keep up with a B-57G while flying a MiG-23MLD. How would one go about tweaking the speed to get it a little more realistic?

SLThrustDry=49819.84

That should be the trick. I modded my crappy SH to get a little more oomph (didn't seem right either) and just adjusted the values a bit, just to get what should be a reasonable speed.

SLThrustDry=49819.84

That should be the trick. I modded my crappy SH to get a little more oomph (didn't seem right either) and just adjusted the values a bit, just to get what should be a reasonable speed.

Nope, that's not the problem at all. The issue is one of an incorrect sea level speed value in the data.ini. Change it so it reads "MaxSpeedSL=361.10" and it will be fine. Better yet, wait until Doc Nele releases his data.ini updates that are based on real-world data.

Thanks! I no longer feel like I'm driving a moped in a supercross race. Much appreciated.

Nope, that's not the problem at all. The issue is one of an incorrect sea level speed value in the data.ini. Change it so it reads "MaxSpeedSL=361.10" and it will be fine. Better yet, wait until Doc Nele releases his data.ini updates that are based on real-world data.

Ahh okay, I'll give it a go then. I inputted the SLDry and SLWet and ended up almost ending up in the drink by putting in the real values. But thanks!

I'd look at reducing drag first. Unless the engine thrusts are too low to begin with, you might get uber climbrates and high fuel consumption.

Over a year ago, I found that MontyCZ's Yak-28P would not go supersonic in level flight, perhaps after on of TK's Patches. I looked at the FM and never having messed with FMs before, saw a pot of spaghetti. But, I had stayed at the Holiday Inn the night before and read Yefim Gordon's Yak-25/28 book. I learned that in 1964 the faster Su-15 was giving Yak diaper rash, and in a panic, Yak directly copied Sukhoi's rectangular inlets to make a new Yak-28-64 with fuselage engines. It went slower than the original -28 so Yak left fighter design forever, leaving it to the Pros. Personally inspired by this desperate move, I copied Boopidoo's Su-15 fuselage data into, and replacing, MontyCZ's -28 fuselage data. I had better luck than Yak, and it "fixed" my immediate -28P sonic problem, at least for now, unitl I begin to learn FM someday.

PS: Please don't tell Fubar I did this. :blush:

Actually, I think the problem is that the stock planes are all designed to work with each other while the 3rd party planes are designed to be as real as possible given the patch level at the time of their release. Many planes are now 1 or more patches behind, and this makes them behave differently, either in absolute terms or at least WRT the stock planes.

Fubar, was that for all three planes (MiG 23/25/29)?

Fubar, was that for all three planes (MiG 23/25/29)?

Nele posted his updates for the MiG-23 series in another thread....his work is solid. The '29 will be updated soon, but in the meantime, yes, check it's sea level top speed value. As for the '25PD, try this: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?act=a...ost&id=3323

Hello,

I was just wondering, by comparison to american jets like the F15, and F/A18 on SFP1, the russian Mig29, and Mig25 aren't nearly half as quick, despite the fact that they're meant to be?

They just seem terribly slow?

Is this correct? Or is it just me?

Thanks for your time, Chris :biggrin:

The Mig 25 isi out of the question, it's an interceptor not really a dogfighter even though i'm quite sure it can "hold off" enemy fighters for a short period...My SFP1 Mig-29 OVT is fast as hell the A and C models are just there and yes they are slow...You gotta remember Russia makes there planes heavy for rough conditions so the authors try to pursue that concept in there model designs for a realistic feel.

The Mig 25 isi out of the question, it's an interceptor not really a dogfighter even though i'm quite sure it can "hold off" enemy fighters for a short period...

A6M Zero was an unbeatable dogfighter, but it was beaten. P-38 was a pure interceptor. For the same reason P-38 dominated the Pacific and The Meds, the MiG-25 had the best tactical fighter potential from 1970s to 1990s (not counting unbuilt Lockheed F-12 and any potential modernizations since the early 1960s).

Thought Experiment: Not Iraq, but USAF Aggressor squadron flies MiG-25PD against standard equipped USAF units. :ok: Same with NAVY Top Gun, or at least since NAVY was stripped naked of long range BVR capability, but not before. I think F-14s would generally wup Top Gun MiG-25s, unless maybe they were really, really good and used some surprise tactics or something. Dunno how, maybe low level but -25's advantage doesn't live down there.