I'm working on an icon pack using Wrench's style of 'flag vs flag' but am missing two of the most important flags in the series - Dhimar & Paran!

I don't suppose anyone has these stashed away somewhere?

it never occured to me to make any for them! Or even what they might look like!

for ideas, here's a good place to start:

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/

edit: ok, here's a little something I whipped out...

the top one is Paran, bottom is Dhimar (reflecting they association with the UK) Obiviously, modified from real contry flags

Edited by Wrench

I've always thought of the flags looking like the fin flashes available in many a Spinner's product. Dhimar on the left, Paran on the right. Obviously the Dhimari one could be changed into a rectangle.

post-63969-0-48572800-1336861287.png

Sorry to say it Kevin but I think I like KeyboardChap's better and it was actually what I was expecting to see.

I thought there might be some flags in the various 3rd party mods of the Desert terrain but no such luck.

on problemo!!!

the "final product" bmp has to square, 128x128, but it stretchs to the rectantle shape you see in game

Best way is to make the flag as normal,then apply stretch or such..to make the image square.so when in game the stars for example arent squashed.

Edited by russouk2004

Understood, thanks for the advice guys.

Wrench, as this project is an extension (and homage :notworthy: ) to your earlier packs would it be OK to include them in whatever I end up releasing?

At least it will bring them into the SF2 download section for those that missed them first time around.

Full credit will be given and the readme reproduced etc, etc.

of course brother!!

there's not really much need to update to SF2, as they're simple terrain objects with no 'readablity issues".

don't forget to credit Major Lee, as he did the first 2 on the DBS terrain, oh so long ago

are you SURE you don't want this one for Paran???? :yikes::rofl::lol:

Edited by Wrench

:rofl:

Well then this must be an early shot of the now aged King Husani Al'Galbhi of Dhimar

Omar.jpg

And his son, commander of the Air Force, Prince Fa'ad Al Galbhi

Jamie.jpg