Sign in to follow this  
supernj

How to indicate the throttle status in a HUD

hi~I'm new to join the SF2, a fabulous game. and most amazing is i can customize a plane as my whishes. however, i try to get the throttle status (usually like 0%, 30%, .... 100% (AB))indicated on my plane's HUD, then i could turned of that small window which indicate your speed, altitude, heading and throttle.

i tried add following sentences in my avionics .ini file, but nothing showed.

Symbol[33]=HUD_ThrottleText

[HUD_ThrottleText]

SymbolType=THROTTLE_TEXT

TextPosition=-0.080,-0.063

HorizontalAlignment=RIGHT

VerticalAlignment=CENTER

TextFormat=%0.1f

I also tried use THROTTLE_CONTROL_TEXT, THROTTLE_CONTROL to replace that value for SymbolType, but failed. anyone PLEASE could help me?

moreover, is there any tutorials showing how to coding in SF2 Mods? i can't find any. THANKS.

There's no such function in the avionic DLL files.

FYI, Throttle position is of little value in RL, pilots mostly go by RPM percentage. Also, not all aircraft in this series have staged afterburners, most are all or nothing (MiG-17/19/21/23, F-8,100,105, Mirage-III, etc). Some varients of the J-75 had minimum afterburner settings and, of course, the J-79 had five afterburner stages.

in real life there is no such thing as throttle indicator on HUD for most of planes I think (Crusader please correct me here)