Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

Interested in DLC Argentine A-4 's ?

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a TW Argentine A-4 DLC ?

• Yes
    • No

Well just a wild idea.

Take this as an inofficial market survey :D

Voted NO

sorry but as much as at the beginning I was supporting the DLC idea I no longer do. I supported TK with my money all the time past years, I thought the DLC is just a way to get fundings for some serious gameplay/realism fixes and additions Thirdwire was willing to introduced, fool me once shame on me

Say it would be priced 5 bucks for redo of one of many A-4s we already have, something that would be 2-day job for one who has all the templates and 3D files?

At this price I could buy TWO Rise of Flight planes, with quality of flight, damage models, exterior and interior finishing that eats TW planes for breakfast for example.

Sorry for ranting, I'm really tired of this all, I expected TK would have balls to take this venue to a next level with series 2 (first release Dec 2008, current date May 2012, do the maths)

what I have instead is game that basically, all the welcomed additions and inprovements aside, plays and feels the same as did 6 years ago. Or 7

I know the "indie developer" "one guy" excuse. Maybe it's f***ing time to hire someone else to do the job right?

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

I both agree and do not agree with Stary here.

Some DLC I like, some I find not worth the time. The Mirage IIIC DLC for example is a good idea about a well done DLC. It fits, its flyable in Campaigns, reasonably priced and a thing that was lacking, but easily fixed.

By contrast, I find most of the Hunters (The Sultan of Omar AF excluded) to be what Stary describes above. The fact that Paulopanz J 34 Hunter is better then the DLC one is actually a bit worthy of cringe.

I'm currently in the market for a free patch that fixes stuff.

• Like 3

Voted YES but will refrain from using this rather innocent post to vent my spleen....

hey, can't one rant from time to time? :smile:

No, I would say! :heat:

If DLC Mods are "all new" like the (the best to my mind) DLC Mirage 5BA I'm Ok!

I would prefer a future "Expansion Pack" product with one to three all new aircraft (Flyable and IA), cockpit improvement, new ground objects, MF updates, etc... :ok:

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi

I voted for Yes even though i think choices for TK in the very near future are expand the team, change the strategy or die.

Taking for examples Rise of flight and its "play it free", or the recent DCS world (do you know you can install it even if you haven't purchase anything and still fly the Su-25 for free), some free content would be welcome to attract customers (The whole SF2 serie is really overpriced for a newcomer who wants to buy everything IMHO).

I also think that the soon to come DCS flaming cliffs 3 and the mig-21 addon might attract some of SF2 players away.

though i think choices for TK in the very near future are expand the team, change the strategy or die

my thoughts put in more polite way

No, don't see the point when the skins have already been done. That and as others have said I'm gettin rather tired of paying for half baked releases.

Craig

a STOCK aircraft as DLC without the proper STOCK terrain to fly it on?? (not speaking about add-ons, as those are NOT taken into consideration at the Top Level)

Doubtfull.

but I voted yes anyway, 'cause I'm a Contrary

• Like 1

my thoughts put in more polite way

Oops, didn't meant to be unpolite.

I meant die in a financial way....

...something that would be 2-day job for one who has all the templates and 3D files?

In TK's money that's probably somewhere in the 8000-10000$ of development cost :wink:

• Like 1

Looks like he is changing his strategy to mobile games - while DCS are changing their strategy to one that TW have used for 10 years - it will probably take them 10 years to get any cold war scenarios, terrains, air defences set up though. Flying a MiG-21bis in a single 2012 world is not the same - and leaning all those pit switches!

The DLCs are okay - can use them in NA - but he probably should have stuck extended gear on the F-4K.

voted no not because of all the issues of DLC and endless patching, but cause i'm more interested in fulda gap and giuk gap than the south atlantic. that said i have to bidget for a $30 game, so for now i hafta go with the fact that everything released as DLC is available here.

Guys I will start a venting thread. Let's not ruin Otto's pole please..

"Otto's pole"?????

I'm pretty sure I don't want to know..... :rofl::lol:

ummm....:blink:

Well I had to inject a little humor. I thank Joe Biden for that joke. :lol:

I´ve been wondering why there wasn´t an Argentine Skyhawks DLC, but then you could say why not Daggers (Argentine Nesher), and then why not A-7P and H, or any of the multiple Phantoms and Mirages wich are missing but fitting stock models, USMC and Spanish Harriers, Danish late Huns, etc...

i vote NO

that TK is creating DLC is fine with me but i realy dont like that you have to update your game to the latest patch each and every time you download one of this DLC and on the other hand most of this DLC was already made by some moder here at CA with the same quality or even better

I say yes, partly cause i like officail stuff and due to price.

• Like 1

I hope for a F-4S slatted and unslatted.

• Like 1

+1

F-4S AND F-4N!!