It was the coup of the Century.

And they could not tell anybody.

It simply was not in their line of work to tell the world about their dealings. They told others, and others acted. In this case, those who acted on their words was enemies, yet did not know their enemies had whispered in their ear. Their true enemy. The GRU officer smiled and spoke a single code word into the radio. Two places in the Mediterranean intercepted it, ears who listened for this very keyword.

And they spoke to those who would listen on either side. Hate is easy. Hate is simple. Hate is in the core of human nature. And Hate is like petrol.

All you need is to light a match, and you can set the world on fire.

On Airbases, Aircraft are loaded. Outside Harbours, ships are under way into position. On Cyprus, militiamen and hidden commandos prepare themselves for the coming battle.

For this is the match. Not just one. Two. Because it never hurts to be on the safe side...

post-14846-0-04627300-1337813710.jpg

post-14846-0-45533500-1337813702.jpg

post-14846-0-15967900-1337813694.jpg

post-14846-0-34122400-1337813682.jpg

Edited by JonathanRL
  • Like 1

Operation Pirate Politics is a 1976 Campaign, featuring the Hellenic Air Force opposing the Turkish Air Force.

In a brilliant covert operation, the Soviet Union seeks to destabilise NATOs Southern flank, by pitting the countries against each other. They succeed, by planting information that Turkey is about to take over Cyprus entirely. The Greeks, not wanting to be caught off-guard again, prepare an offensive action to retake the entire Island.

When the Greeks plans are underway, there is a whisper in the Turkish ears what the Greeks are doing. In the air and in the water, Battle is imminent!

OPP will feature both Air Forces as flyable (I do not want to be in the flack should I choose just one of them...) and will be aimed at fun-to-play. Unlike the Scandinavian Front, I will take liberties in the historical side of things, and in the order of battle.

HAF Flyables:

F-4E Phantom

F-104G Starfighter

Mirage F-1C

F-5A Freedom Figther (Anybody know a HAF Skin for this one?)

HAF AI:

F-84F

F-102

TuAF Flyables:

F-4E Phantom

F-104G Starfigther

F-100D Super Sabre

F-5A Freedom Figther

TuAF AI:

F-84F

Suggestions are most welcome.

• Like 1

F-102 for the turkish too.

Plus the TuAF had a huge numbers of F-100C too. And I would suggest RF-84F for the greeks as well.

Do you happen to know if there is a TuAF F-102 skin?

I am using the F-100D as a standin for both versions of Super Sabre. F-84F are the stand in for RF-84 for the time being.

if i remember right (gotta dig out Century Series Fighters after class) the Turks flew in ADC grey while the Greeks flew in SEA for the Deuce. interesting RL historical note the missed each other in training at Perrin by only a couple of months and both flew it from around 69 to 79. the Greeks were under embargo and traded for Mirages, while the Turks had better capability in their Phantom force.

Thanks a bunch, Dave ! Must have missed that one.

I have greek/turkish F-102A in my bag brother, either from Razbam's than for Veltro's ones .....

.... the matter is where I left my bag!

:yikes:

Excellent !!!

We miss Turkish F102 which dogfighted with HAF F5.

Edited by jeanba

Well i did some Turkish F-5B skins...

Greek are also planned...

FYI, I don't believe that the Greek Phantoms (and F5s as well) had received their Aegean blue scheme yet in '76.

I think it was introduced in around mid 80s, inspired from the Mirage F1 air superiority scheme... :salute:

Edited by elephant

FYI, I don't believe that the Greek Phantoms (and F5s as well) had received their Aegean blue scheme yet in '76.

I think it was introduced in around mid 80s, inspired from the Mirage F1 air superiority scheme... :salute:

and will be aimed at fun-to-play. Unlike the Scandinavian Front, I will take liberties in the historical side of things, and in the order of battle.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool

Be warned: Click that link and you will not return for a long time.

Edited by JonathanRL

The Greek Phantoms used their Aegean blue scheme between 1983 - 1997.

As for the F-5As, I have seen a pic from 1977 where the freedom fighters wear their blue scheme. Keep in mind though that HAF operated many second hand F-5As from Iran and Jordan since the mid 70s. The aircrafts from Jordan had Greek decals but they were used with their original Jordanian schemes for some time!

Edited by tiopilotos

I think around 22 Phantoms were in the inventory of Turkish Air Force in 1976. All with SEA Camo.

Equipped with AIM-7E, AIM-9B/P, ALQ-119 and the usual ground ordnance.

All of them registered under 112.Filo based in 1.Jet Air Base Eskisehir.

The Air Force also acquired around 2 squadrons of F-104S starting 1974.

I actually have had a pack sitting in my hard drive for a long time...

Just coming home from a week of vacationing in Crete, I can only say YESSS!

Just coming home from a week of vacationing in Crete, I can only say YESSS!

I was there when I was 9. Still remember the Phantoms at Heraklion.

I have to say however that this have been slightly delayed due to the new Baltic terrain. I am trying to work on them side by side, but fact remains that you will probably have to wait on this one.

Hi there, new guy here and very interested in this campaign. Is it still alive in any way, or has it been cancelled, after such a long time?

Hello and sorry for late reply.

This campaign was lost due to a Computer Crash I had. Silly enough, I had not backed up this campaign and I had done some pretty nifty things with it, resulting in I not wanting to spend the time to do it all again.

Would've made an excellent campaign nonetheless, since it'll be a campaign where both sides use US/NATO equipment. Perhaps you would like to advise us on how to create a similar campaign?

Sorry, but trying to teach how to make a Campaign would take too long. I have over two years of experience with it.

However, if you want Campaigns with different Aircraft I can recommend the following:

Operation Joint Effort http://combatace.com/files/file/13319-operation-joint-effort/
The Pacific Incident http://combatace.com/files/file/13133-the-pacific-incident/
The Scandinavian Front Part 1: http://combatace.com/files/file/12979-the-scandinavian-front-mega-package-part-1/ Part 2 http://combatace.com/files/file/12980-the-scandinavian-front-mega-package-part-2/

Edited by JonathanRL
  • Sad 1

Sorry for refloting this, but was a bit sad after reading it was lost. It would have been a very nice campaign, sure of it!