Hi there everyone. i been searching this topic but cant find much. which card runs strike fighters 2 smoother? Or does it make a difference?....thank you

Always used EVGA brand NVidia cards and usually purchase them from Newegg.com ... Always had fine performance with that combination.

Exactly what Maj Lee said.

Agreed. I don't have the best Nvidia card in the world but with DX10 I can run SF2 pretty well.

If one company's cards were always the best quality and price, the other company would have gone out of business. Right now, both brands seem to get the job done with the SF series. Get the best card you can at the best price you can.

I have used ATi almost since SFP1 was originally released. Over the years, there have been a few driver issues with SF2 here and there, but either ATi or Third Wire quickly addressed the problem. nVidia has had its driver issues, too. If you read the tech support entries in recent history, you will generally find more problems reported by nVidia users... but that stems from the fact that it seems more of the SF2 users have nVidia cards. The only recent issue I have seen reported repeatedly regards a "split-screen" effect in laptops that have both an integral low end Intel gpu and a discrete gaming GPU. Most of the reports are from nVidia users but ATi users have had a similar experience. It isn't the brand of the gaming gpu causing the problem. It is the mix of two GPUs available, how Windows 7 wants to use them, and how SF2 is programmed to select which adapter to use. Another typical problem as of SF2NA involves white terrain with no textures, which isn't a brand issue either, more of a RAM limit being reached which can usually be addressed by lowering the in-game graphics settings a bit. I don't recall any recent issues that are tied to either nVidia or AMD hardware or drivers.

As a whole, nVidia has always been known as the faster FPS and ATI/AMD as the better picture due to the way each company renders their graphics. As a result, with both cards being fast now days, I use ATI because I prefer a better picture.

There is one other major difference, ATI still has "fog" support for DX9 games, but nVidia dropped that years ago. What I do not know is if nVidia has picked that back up for DX10/11 games.

Edited by Panama Red

Must admit I have only used ATI Cards since the late 90's so I am very biased on that one... but I get a great image when I am flying and I use my PC primarily for Flight Sim's and Fallout 3 etc along with the Stalker Series and I have had no problems with them... but you take your choice and go with it...

use both ,currently running ATI nfx5870 and sf titles are perfect in fps and gfx wise

Edited by russouk2004

I have always had NVidia cards, a friend of mine frequently struggles with his AMD...

I now have a 2GB Phantom 560Ti and I am very very very pleased. Again!

I’ve Run Thirdwire Titles on:

Strike Fighters Project One

ATi All in Wonder Radeon 7500, w/ 32MB of Ram)

Wings Over Vietnam, Wings Over Europe

ATi All in Wonder Radeon 9600XT w/ 128 MB of Ram)

SFP1, WoV, WoE, and Wings Over Israel

eVGA 8800 GTS SSC G80 w/ 640 MB Ram

SF2:

eVGA 8800 GTS SSC G80 w/ 640 MB Ram

Sapphire AMD HD7950OC w/ 3GB of Ram

In dx9 SF1/2 runs faster with nVidia.

For SF2 in DX10 you can pick either one.

I use ATI 4850 which is quite old now(2008) but still runs the game smoothly...although for SF2:NA I would recommend something more powerfull ofcourse...

My 3 way SLI GTX 570 HD's run awesome on SF2. When I had my 560 Ti it all ran awesome on SF2 But EVGA is the best in my opinion.

I get an average of 60- 70 FPS on ultimate.

Edited by porterjr

I'll echo the vote for nVidia and NewEgg. I've been using both for years with no problems.

Great. Thank you everybody......thank_you2.gif