I just got WoV and need to find out how to not display the onscreen Aircraft Data? Ther is a way to do this for IL2 under a config file. But i can't seem to find this type of config in Wov. This is a second post. I don't know if the first one went out. :biggrin:

Hi,

Did you look in the sticky "SF Editing Notes"?

"HUD Text removal

How do I remove the HUD info text Content

1. Make a backup copy of Flight/HUDData.ini file.

2. Edit the Flight/HUDData.ini (in notepad) and change the following lines in the [infoDisplay] section:

DisplayWidth=0.0

EnemyTargetColor=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0

FriendlyTargetColor=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0

UnknownTargetColor=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0

NormalColor=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0

WarningColor1=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0

WarningColor2=0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0

3. Save the file.

Additional Notes:

- Setting NormalColor, WarningColor1 and WarningColor2 gets rid of the text about your aircraft (left info box).

- Setting EnemyTargetColor,FriendlyTargetColor and UnknownTargetColor to transparent gets rid of the text about targets in right info box.

- Setting DisplayWidth to 0 gets rid of the translucent background of info boxes.

You can customize all this, ie have only the left info box info available (but if you want to have an info box available do not set the width to 0)"

You will need to use Skypat's cat extractor (available in Biohaz files area) to extract the .ini from Wings over Vietnam\Flight\FlightData.cat.

Hey Buff

I couldn't find that .ini in WoV. Are you sure its the same as SF? :dntknw:

Hey Buff

I couldn't find that .ini in WoV. Are you sure its the same as SF?

Yes, it is there but you need to use Skypat's cat extractor (available in Biohaz files area) to extract the .ini from Wings over Vietnam\Flight\FlightData.cat.

Thanks again Buff. Next time I will read the entire post :rolleyes: