CaptSopwith

A OBD "Bonus" I'd like to see

Pol released a short clip called "Dev Clip #1" over at SimHQ and it sparked an idea when I first read the title. I thought, for a moment, that it might be a clip of the developers themselves.

Wouldn't it be great if we could find a way to create a podcast interview of the OBD team after W.O.F.F. is released later this year? I know I would watch and re-watch something like that. I'd love to hear from the great group of guys that have worked so hard over the last 7+ years making this gem of a flight sim that we all love. Hearing from Winder, Pol, OvS, and the rest of the team would be fantastic. How did the team come together? What made them decide to start coding with the CFS3 engine. What were the hurtles they discovered along the way? What did the reception of Phase 1 mean to them? How did the set the list of things to accomplish when it came time to work on Phase 2 and 3. What was it like to develop this last, most massive, update of them all? If we could get video - even better - but I think that kind of insight from the team once the dust settles would be a wonderful treat for the community - and a fitting sign of respect and admiration from us to hear just how they did it.

And I think actually hearing from you guys would be a massive treat that a simple text interview just wouldn't do justice. Besides, we've been hearing Pol shout "Contact! Clear!" now for years! biggrin.gif

Great games have released "making of" packages before. Fallout 3 did it and even IL2 1946 had a long video of the team at work. I'm certainly not suggesting adding this on to your list for the release of W.O.F.F. (first of all, I have no place to, second - I'm not crazy!). But sometime after it's all done - one relaxing afternoon - perhaps one of us could host an interview with the team and ask you some questions about how you produced the greatest World War I flight simulator of all time.

What do you think guys?

Edited by _CaptSopwith

I think its a great idea , I'd love to see the guys I have to blame for my simulated war neurosis :grin:

cheers

Yeah I would like to see something like an "Making of" :good:

Great idea. I'd love to see the people who made OFF happen, and hear them speak in their own voices. On the Forum, we get occasional pronouncements from on high, from the 'Olympians' of OFF. Are they square-jawed heros from the Rickenbacker\Flash-Heart mold, or reclusive photophobic Geeks subsisting on cold pizza crusts and flat Coca-Cola? Out into the light Devs! Let's have a look atcha'!

A really funny "making-of" would be great - with parts like OvS on his Harley in spraying rain,

when he examines and tries to get the right cockpit feel, or Pol sleeping with his head in a

late night Pizza which, because of being too tired, he didn't manage to finish.

:yikes:

Yup...That would be very cool

You mean, cause even their families don't know them? :grin:

I Like That Idea! "The Making of Wings Over Flanders Fields" is perfect.

I have always wanted to meet that 'Rascally Crew' at OBD. To put a face with a name, not just an avitar, would be so revealing.

SimHQ has done great exposes in the past. Maybe something along those lines?

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Pol sent me a web cam photo recently...

southpark-wow-2.jpg

He wouldn't tell me who it was, though! :lol:

Here's a pic of the new equipment Winder and RexHannover are recently testing.

The device is built to keep any disturbing influences outside and unnoticed.

Like users' questions for release dates for example.

Lol can't be me HPW I don't tidy up like he has...

Lol can't be me HPW I don't tidy up like he has...

Very sympathic, the man.

Order is for the common brains. The genious can overview the chaos.