Sign in to follow this  
perth

OFF PHASE 4

I recently purchased a DVD via Amazon USA and was amazed to be charged a £8 handling charge by the UK post office and £4.17p customs charge.It seems mail is selected at random and i was unlucky on this occasion.There are no additional charges such as these on mail sent within the EU.I understand the current version of OFF is only available as a DVD and posted outside of the EU.Like everybody else i am eagerley awaiting the release of PHASE 4 and wondering if some DVDS could be distributed to UK purchasers fom the UK so we avoid these additional postal costs.Or can PHASE4 be made available as a download which we could then burn to disk.Developers comments appreciated.

Not heard of anyone getting charged before with OFF but I guess possible. Anyway the product is charged for at time of purchase in your local region and local VAT etc taxes applied (if applicable) so I think it may be possible to reclaim anything if that happened. For example anyone in the European Union gets charged Euro VAT rate.

Best to speak with Avangate who are the distributors with any questions as they handle that side of things for us.

You can pay custom taxes as the DVD comes outside EU. In my country, usually they let pass the small value orders, but not always. It's a question of luck. If you've the bad luck of having to pay the custom taxes you usually have to pay some administrative taxes as well.

If you already paid the VAT at the time of the purchased, then you can reclaim later that value if they force you to pay.

Yes it's one of the reasons why I personally avoid importing things directly from places outside E.U., unless I really want. In that case, I risk.

For DVD's and blu-rays there are ways to bypass it. There are some online shops who will do the import, and it's not more expensive, unless of course you're comparing with a sale in Amazon.

Usually my US special editions and sometimes only editions, come this way. You find things in US which you don't find in Europe.

Edited by Von Paulus