daddyairplanes

Questions about Strike Fighters 2 original

background- i have SF2E, V,I, and both expansion packs. all except SF2 Europe were purchased to support something within Europe. (Meteors, Vipers, carrier ops, etc.) also my finances are such at the moment that a $10 purchases not for necessities requires seroius thought and i am looking for advise. (NA even, at 20 bucks, is out of the question for this moment)sooo...

what does the original SF2 bring to the table that the other titles do not?

i'm asking both about in relation to mods and in stock game.

i appreciate any advise you guys have on this but will be cutting off and making a decision 8 hours after this post goes on the forums. (9pm US eastern time roughly)

tia for you guys comments!

the desert terrain and campaign that goes with it.

AFAIK most if not all the jets in SF2 are in the other versions.

I also enjoy the mercenary mechanic (and the ability to apply to any other campaign with the DLC campaign customizer.)

Edited by balasch0

Unless you really want the fictional desert terrain, it really doesn't bring much else to the table.

I'd say if you can't afford $20 for SF2NA (which adds a lot, IMHO), then $10 for SF2 probably wouldn't be worth it to you.

thank you Spinners. in talking to Mrs. DA i bout it i said someone would say that very thing there! :grin:

to redirect the question then to the modders, how critical will having it be now and in the future with major releases? for example i've noticed ODS and Mescalero act hinky, though do function in a Europe based install with V/I/EXP1+2 installed.

what does the original SF2 bring to the table that the other titles do not?

i'm asking both about in relation to mods and in stock game.

1. Mercenary campaign, where you BUY planes and weapons for your squadron.

2. I think TK mentioned long time ago that the EXP3 with Mirage F.1 would be for the original SF2. I could be wrong about this one tho...

Not worthy, get SF2NA when you can/want, but there is nothing really lost without SF2 if you have the other titles

2. I think TK mentioned long time ago that the EXP3 with Mirage F.1 would be for the original SF2. I could be wrong about this one tho...

SF2 & SF2:E afaik.

the desert terrain is still quite important for it tiles and objects.

btw, TK got ALL the titles on sale today for quite reduced prices!

Good tip Wrench! Got myself a couple bargains, thanks bud. Happy Memorial Day!

i know its why i got the idea to buy it today. but money is super tight until around mid july- august so its the old cost benefit examination. jury's still out right now but it's looking more towards a not right now......

Edited by daddyairplanes

And I will second Spinners on it Buy em all... hehehehe SF2 doesn't bring much apart from the Desert and the Merc Campaign as has been said but it does round out the beginning SF2 and then its a case of buying SF2NA when you can afford... :drinks:

daddyairplanes...send TK your email address...:salute: (see his Memorial Day thread)

• Like 2

daddyairplanes...send TK your email address...:salute: (see his Memorial Day thread)

A king among men......nice one :king:

yes, most assuredly a blessed gesture.

my hat is off to you, sir!!