Sign in to follow this  
macelena

Didn´t notice that hint

I guess i´m pretty much one of the last to notice about that. Just in case i´m not. There are certain aircraft wich, once made flyables, appear in campaign, such as the A-6E in 1979 Operation Northern Sabre

There are others wich appear in a campaign if you add a 3d party mod, like A-4Ns in the 1982 lebanon war.

I just extracted Red Lightning (Europe 79) data and found several units meant to use aircraft instead of what they have currently, i.e:

--81 TFS, wich flies F-4D_78s, would get "F-4C Wild Weasel", to be replaced as the campaign moves on by "F-4G Wild Weasel"

--Other examples, this time with the RAF are Jaguar1 and Buccaneer2, being replaced ingame by F-4Ms or Canberras. If Canberras weren´t available, with an expansion, the same formula would have made them be B-57Bs. Same applied to the Lightning F6, being covered with Phantoms.

--Same with Belgians. Mirage 5BAs were to be supplanted by Mirage5Fs. Russians were to have some current Su-7 and MiG-27 replaced by Su-17, East German MiG-21Ms by MiG-21MFs, Polish MiG-17s by Lim-6bis

To put it short. Since many of those entries have applied airccraft wich were later released in Expansions or DLCs, i think it is fair to assume that there are a few more aircraft scheduled, having them finally released is another deal, but hey, it´s something

Other aircraft appearing this way in campaign inis, for those who don´t know ( i don´t pretend that i discovered America) wich are not yet available:

ouragan

mosquito6 (Only Operation Kadesh)

swift5 (Only red tide)

meteor11 (nightfighter)

venom4

b-45 (tornado F* yeah!)

RF-8G(77) (NA only)

f-105G (linebacker I & II)

Edited by macelena

That stuff has been around forever.I know in First eagles there are listings in the campaigns for aircraft that were never made. I think it's more of a list of what was historicaly used and then what is used because it's available.

I know, and most models would be hard to implement, but at least it´s a good sign, as the formula is the same and some of those have already been included in the game

Edited by macelena

The good thing about it is that if you are modding an aircraft, you can always name it the same - and the campaign engine will pick up on it.

I had great use of the AlternateType= command myself.