Sign in to follow this  
angles1100

Imagion

I found this while surfing youtube and I thought of the posibilities for our favourite game :)

maybe OFF version 5

cheers

Impressive indeed, angles!

But we must not forget, that WOFF is rather a flight sim.

I guess that there is only so-and-so-much an average computer could calculate, steer and show on the screen.

The amount of things going on in OFF/WOFF must be immense during a big dogfight.

The fight alone is a lot to calculate and present; but then there are still all the other flights in your area

"driven" by the computer at the same time.

All that on a single theater/landscape! You can fly in OFF from Great Britain down to Italy in one go!

So it seems to me, the game and sim developers have to make decisions, where they want to use the power of

the average system. They could of course do far more - but most of our systems would then not be able to reproduce

it in an acceptable manner, and it would rain complaints.

The bottleneck, the limits are at the user's end.

Yes, of course - hey - do you think there is another deck chair somewhere round here?

:beach: :beach:

Waiter - we'll have two Pan-Galactic Thunder Garglers! Cold, please!

Edited by Olham

Yes, of course - hey - do you think there is another deck chair somewhere round here?

:beach: :beach:

Waiter - we'll have two Pan-Galactic Thunder Garglers! Cold, please!

I really need to go back and re-read some Doug Adams when I get a chance. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy would probably put grad school into a proper perspective! :rofl:

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy would probably put grad school into a proper perspective!

...as many other things!

I liked the bit where he wrote, that humans think they are more intelligent than dolphins,

because the humans are always busy working on lots of things, while the dolphins just

swim around and amuse themselves.

And then he adds: The dolphins saw it the other way round - for the same reasons.

Great!