SF2 F-111B "Dominator"

GD F-111B Dominator, Fleet Defense Fighter

= For SF2, Any and All =

A "What If..." for your enjoyment.

A full(ish) SF2 upgrade pack for the F-111B Fleet Defender, assuming it had reached serial production and entered Fleet service in multi-squadron strength.

This pack contains 2 skins; one East Coast and one West Coast Squadron:

VF-84 "Jolly Rogers", USS Roosevelt (including CAG markings on #100 Bird)

VF-161 "Chargers", USS Coral Sea

"Accurate" BuNums, extrapolated from the protypes, reflect production versions. All markings are decals. Decal randomization is set to "TRUE".

All needed weapons (excepting the Sidewinders and Sparrows -which use stock in-game items-) are supplied. The AIM-54 supplied herein will NOT conflict with any others, stock or add-on.

New, SF2 versions of the hangar and loading screen are supplied. The aircraft is fully carrier rated, and the data ini incorprates the 'parked' wingspread statements for use in SF2NA or Post-April 2012 patch levels. Canopy animation is controled via manual animation keystroke, the Usual Susped ™, Shift/0.

As always, fairly easy to follow, yet detailed install instructions are included. Please read them! The Notes section contains further details, descriptions, elightenments, illuminations, and so forth. Be good to read them, too.

Happy Landings!

wrench

kevin stein

Definitely an interesting and cool add-on! And yeah, it is a pretty handy bomber, too. grin.gif

It performs well - how I imagine the real F-111B would have. Let's just say - the Tomcat was the right choice... cool.gif

I do not believe it's able to recover from a flat spin, though. If you do the same as in the F-4 (idle power, reverse rudder in the direction of spin) she stabilizes. But, once you slowly re-apply power and begin to exit the spin, it flips onto it's back and you have to eject ASAP.

Edited by Fofo3

This could be an interesting substitution for the Tomcat in some of the campaigns as well.

F-111B's on the Coral Sea and Roosevelt?!!! :blink:

That would have been more than exciting!! :ohmy:

Boy, did I pick the right time to get back into the SF2 scene or what?

As one of the folks about who has actually climbed on one of the few actual "B" models made, I am stoked!

Unfortunately I just started the download as I am dashing off to a 10 hour night shift, so will have to check it tomorrow.

Many thanks for the hard work, Wrench-man, this is gonna be a hoot!

F-111B's on the Coral Sea and Roosevelt?!!! :blink:

That would have been more than exciting!! :ohmy:

Dented decks, constant aircraft shuffling and terrifying cat shots with a whale of an interceptor...

• Like 1

That debate may go on forever, but from a pure numbers perspective, the Aardvark may have had a slight edge;

The F-111B versus the F-14A, One More Time.

The one big advantage I can see is the mud-moving capability from the get-go.

The "Bombcat" was not realized until Operation Desert Storm, as the poor little kitty drivers felt left out, and the 111's were racking up armor

via their patented "tank plinking" methods...

:D

It had a lower approach speed compared to the Tomcat.

The comparison is not between the F-111B and any variant of the F-14. The Coral Sea and Roosevelt never operated F-14's because they were too small. The Midway (with a slightly larger deck) only "operated" F-14's once in an emergency.

Taking either the F-14 or the F-111B aboard Coral Sea or Roosevelt would have been a truly frightening experience!!

:yikes:

Only the big decks could/could have handled either of those aircraft. CV-59 on up.

Edited by Typhoid

I always thought the small deck carriers didn't operate F-14 because not enough F-14's were built to replace all the F-4s. IIRC the F-111B did its carrier quals on the small deck carrier.

I always thought the small deck carriers didn't operate F-14 because not enough F-14's were built to replace all the F-4s. IIRC the F-111B did its carrier quals on the small deck carrier.

The Midway class carriers didn't operate the F-14's because of a combination of factors including upgrades needed to operate. They certainly could operate them as evidenced by the emergency recovery and launch of Tomcats on the Midway.

My initial thought on sea trial is "no way"....

(quickly looks up data base)

dang - you're right!!

http://www.usscoralsea.net/pages/f111.php

:blink:

I stand corrected.

and all of the photo's come from the source book listed in my readme -- Naval Fighters #41

of course, if there's really an issue with the ships/squadrons I've chosen, I can always whip out decals for some other (Forestall class?) or whatever!

I just down-loaded it last night for this weekend's ops.

Looks good!

Sorry about that. Don't change anything. It just seemed a bit big for those smaller carriers. Oh well......

it really HUGE on an Essex!!! :rofl:

Edited by Wrench

Guys, the just-uploaded A-6 Superpack v1.2 has a campaign that allows you to fly the F-111B off the Kitty Hawk.

it really HUGE on an Essex!!! :rofl:

And Beyond Awesome on a Zuiho!! :rofl:

post-19383-0-28384700-1338853634.jpg