Sign in to follow this  
Wayfarer

What ... Where ... How ...?

I have just come back off two weeks holiday (about 2 hours ago). I am feeling tired and very lazy I have tried to read the threads but I cannot concentrate. Please may I beg your indulgence. Can someone just explain ... SIM HQ? And where did 10 days go (I know I was in Cephalonia - where did everyone else go)!?

Combate Ace was down for a week with no word at all from admins. ODB has a business to run, need to be able to rely on the forum so they moved. SimHQ is the new permanent home for official support and info on P4 (WOFF) etc, though with its knowledge base and mod library Combate Ace will be a good source of user support for a long time to come.

Combate Ace was down for a week with no word at all from admins.

And as I said many times, if I knew what happened and was able to let them know I would of. When CA went down it went down hard....

Thanks for your replies. I managed to wend my way to Sim HQ in the meantime and am just waiting for my activation email so that I can post on there.

Sorry for CA's troubles - these things are more than I understand but it's been a great forum.

Sorry for CA's troubles - these things are more than I understand but it's been a great forum.

...and it still is; and it hopefully will be for much longer.

The devs felt like they had to make that business-orientated decision, to keep contact and support etc.

But you have missed all the bad luck, and you can still be here too, like most of us are.

Hey Wayfarer, where did you go to to Cephalonia?

It's my grandfathers village there...my origins.

:drinks:

Hey Wayfarer, where did you go to to Cephalonia?

It's my grandfathers village there...my origins.

Elephant, we stayed at Skala, in the south east corner. There are a number of fairly recently built hotels there. We visited the standard tourist places; Argostoli, Fiskardo, Assos, Agia Efemi. We also, however, visited some of the mountainous areas, and remains of villages devastated by the 1953 earthquake, with a local driver who was very informative.

We haven't been abroad for 11 years, and had never been anywhere in Greece. So we found it a really fascinating place - despite the fact that odd weather conditions meant it was warmer in the UK than in Cephalonia for most of the time!

The weather is awful this year!

If everything else was OK... :blink:

You were just unlucky, normally this time of year is IMO the best for vacation in the Islands.

In mid summer the heat and humidity and in August the winds are sometimes unbearable...

especially in the Aegean Islands though, not the Ionian you've visited.

If you went in Cephalonia by boat you must have visited my hometown Patras, (the port).

My house is just opposite Gate 1 of the old harbour, 500m from the dock of the Cephalonia ferry.

My grandfathers village is of the mountainous ones: Komitata.

I spent the whole season from May to October '07 in Cephalonia, restoring the wall paintings of a chapel near Agia Efemia.

I went for swimming to Myrtos every day!

If you went in Cephalonia by boat you must have visited my hometown Patras, (the port).

My house is just opposite Gate 1 of the old harbour, 500m from the dock of the Cephalonia ferry.

I spent the whole season from May to October '07 in Cephalonia, restoring the wall paintings of a chapel near Agia Efemia.

Wow, that sounds like paradise, elephant!

If you need help restoring another chapel - I can draw and paint!

The weather is awful this year!

If everything else was OK... :blink:

You were just unlucky, normally this time of year is IMO the best for vacation in the Islands.

In mid summer the heat and humidity and in August the winds are sometimes unbearable...

especially in the Aegean Islands though, not the Ionian you've visited.

Elephant, we flew direct to Cephalonia, but we did see Myrtos bay. The number of small churches/chapels, and the roadside shrines were just one of the things that made an impression on us.