Sign in to follow this  

Hi guys :bye:

I've been playin Strike fighters for a while but I'm only now really getting into it and with the release of the Sea Hawk and Albion/Bulwark I've decided its about time I got the FAA up and running, thing is I have no idea what to do with the ships, or how I'm going to access them once I've got them installed properly as I don't know how to add missions to the game...

Craig :cool:

ps. I have some experience editing ini's though not much, I'm the guy that releaed the F-104S over at Avsim, the one that was really just a moddified G :cool:

Edited by Fallen_Pheonix

The files should have a readme for installation.

Missions are just text files with .msn instead of .txt & they go into the mission folder - it's as easy as that. :smile:

Should be a few to download around the web before you start to make your own.

cheers, with any luck I'll get it working tonight.

BTW your probably my closest neighbour here... I'm in Port Glasgow about 20 miles down the south bank of the clyde :cool:

ok I've hit a problem, I've to add a few lines to the "Groundobjects.ini", but I cant' find it :help:

Craig  :cool:

You need to use Skypat's cat extractor (available in the download section at Biohaz) - it is in Strike Fighters\Objects\ObjectData.cat (near the bottom of the list).

PS. I know where Port Glasgow is :laugh:

I'm just to the north of the Clyde tunnel.

ok I've got the carrier installed now and I've found two issions, coppied and pasted them into notepad an put them in the mission folder both file names end msn. and neither show up for selection :dntknw:

ok I've got the carrier installed now and I've found two issions, coppied and pasted them into notepad an put them in the mission folder both file names end msn. and neither show up for selection  :dntknw:

Craig    :cool:

which missions have you installed (links)?

put them in the mission folder both file names end msn. and neither show up for selection

its .msn not msn.

e.g. from your first link copy all between & incl. [missionheader] & Waypoint[03].Objective=FALSE

Paste into notepad & save into the missions folder as File Name carriertest.msn & Save as type "all files".

Start SF, go into single missions>load mission & carriertest should be in the dropdown menu.

no joy, its saved as carriertest.msn in the mission folder but when I try to select it the dropdown menue says: "not availabe"

I've now got missions set up but can't select them :huh:

no joy, its saved as carriertest.msn in the mission folder but when I try to select it the dropdown menue says: "not availabe"

I've now got missions set up but can't select them  :huh:

Craig   :cool:

That's weird - you are patched to Sp3?

I've just done a clean install on a new PC & dropped that into the Missions folder (haven't even added the carriers yet) & I can select & fly it.

P.S. seeing as you are showing as the same IP as myself (an NTL proxy) I guess that you are on NTL too?

Yup...

And yeah, I'm running SP3  :dntknw:

craig  :cool:

weird especially as I just talked Dan through it & it's working fine for him too... :ohmy:

Have you got a lot of mods - I could always send you a basic groundobjectdata.ini with Albion & Bulwark added.

Try using the carriertest.msn in this zip (you'll have to extract it of course)

http://forum.biohazcentral.com/index.php?a...ype=post&id=966

It's set up for Albion.

well its a start, no carrier and I blow up instantly as does my number 2... at least I can select this one :clapping:

Craig  :cool:

So do you want a basic groundobject data.ini with Albion & Bulwark as the only addins?

Alternatively read through what I told Dan to do.

btw have you compared my .msn & yours to see where you went wrong?

OK try putting this in your Objects folder after you have unzipped it.

You should also have a separate folder for each of Albion & Bulwark as well as separate data.inis for them in your Objects folder.

GROUNDOBJECTDATA.zip

thanks for everything mate, just flew an A-6 off the Albion and trapped on my first attempt :biggrin:

now I just need to figure out how to get the bloody F-4 off the ship without stalling

one last thing have you any idea why your mission worked and mine didnt'?

Nope.

Perhaps if you attach it I can compare it.

you ain't gonna believe this but I'm getting CTD's on evrey mission when it loads to either 60% or 80%, I can't see any reason for this as nothing's changed since getting the carriers up and running :huh:

anyway here it is: carriertest.msn.txt

ps. nice Viggie :cool:

Criag :cool:

2 possibilities that I can see (I haven't tested).

1) Yours is labelled carriertest.msn.txt whereas mine is carriertest.msn

2) Yours has a blank first line

:angry: Hello,I read the explanations, installed the two carrier and the mission ccarriertest.

At the beginning of the mission the plane is over the sea and no carrier near.

I don't understand where is the mistake?

Thank you for your helping

raffut

like Buff said you've got to edit the "GROUNDOBJECTS DATA INI."   :cool:

raffut, I believe that there is a typo in the readme & it says edit the groundobjects.ini whereas what you really need to edit is the GROUNDOBJECTSDATA.ini

If you haven't already added items to this before then just use the 1 that I attached.