Sign in to follow this  
Bossco82

May 2012 Avionics60.dll causes stutter, confirm?

Hi Guys,

I've noticed in all my titles that any aircraft using avionics60.dll. When the radar is turned on I get a stutter. Dont get it with avionics 7o.dll aircraft. This is using vanilla installs from origional SF2 upto SF2/NA all titles merged. Can anyone else confirm the problem please. My system is very high end and always maintains 60fps using vsync.

Cheers

It's probably becuase TK has added coding to support DIANE and it's hogging resources... :grin:

I'm afraid not, my systems fully stable and my cpu is barely passing 25% usage. I think we'll be waitong more than 2 weeks for a proper diane system Malibu lol!

Would really appreciate it if anyone else can confirm the issue please?

Yep same here, the "Game Loop" keeps jumping between 1x & 2x [in time with the stutter] in certain views, dunno if this is related though.

Thanks for confirming that one guys, at least I know its not my system now. I have put a post up at Thirdwire to make TK aware of the issue.

Cheers

I get it too. Like Ant says the Game loop jumps betwenn 1x and 2x.

But this is not constant the stuttering comes and goes..

It's probably becuase TK has added coding to support DIANE and it's hogging resources... :grin:

or he locked it away from the hardware Acceleration, forcing it to be done using Software Only Engine.

hmm i think i lost half of my FPS now in all titles. FPS was 40 -50 before patch and smooth as silk. Now 16 - 24 and stutters. Maybe debug build instead release?

Hmm just flew ODS and got steady 50FPS there with MIG-21. In default SF2 desert map it crawl to 16 - 20FPS. Scratching my head. Dunno whats i porked in my system.

I tried swapping out the .dll for the April version....got a lockup at 90%.... :blink:

Thats strange, obviously somethings been changed in the avionics somewhere. Have to see if TK responds with a solution. I hope he does as its kind of rendered any pre 70's titles unplayable for now.

tested the two main avionic60.dll planes of the game (the a-4 and f-4) on every official map (each modded on enhanced tiles, stary etc.....) and no stutter at all when i turn on the ground radar.

very strange. :blink:

Guys, try removing the radar display from the HUDDATA.ini , it SEEMS to have cured my problem.

[Display004]

//DisplayType=RADAR

PosX=0.865

PosY=0.015

Width=0.125

Height=0.16666667

Alpha=0.60

InitTime=2.0

Got the solution to this one chaps, its the 32bitzbuffer, I set it to false in the options and now i'm back to a steady 60fps, can anyone else with the problem confirm this resolves the issue. I now believe there is a conflict between the 32bit zbuffer and the avionics60.dll.

Change this,

[GraphicsOptions]

DisplayDeviceID=0

DisplayWidth=1920

DisplayHeight=1080

DisplayDepth=32

AspectRatio=1.777778

AntiAliasing=4

ForceDX9=FALSE

ForceVSyncOff=FALSE

Use32BitZBuffer=FALSE <---change from TRUE to FALSE

LensFlare=0

DetailLevel=2

ObjectDetail=2

ObjectTexture=2

CockpitTexture=2

CockpitMirrors=1

CockpitReflection=1

EffectsDetail=2

TerrainDetail=2

TerrainTexture=2

HorizonDistance=2

GroundObjectDensity=2

WaterDetail=2

CloudsDetail=2

Shadow=2

ObjectsFade=TRUE

SORRY GUYS, scratch that one, must have been a fluke, it seemed to work but now the blip is back. The HUDDATA.ini trick hasn't worked for me aswell. This ones doing my head in!

Edited by Boostjunky

One other thing I have found, it seems to be nothing to do with the radar in avionics60 being displayed. I diabled the radar scope in a F-105 cockpit and disabled the radar in the HUDDATA.ini, still had the stutter. However when your using an avionics60 based aircraft the TV display still works fine, doesn't cause the problem. This ones very strange!

Very strange indeed m8, the HUDDATA ini edit has definately cured my problems when using external views, but I still get the stutter when in the pit, again on both stock and heavily modded installs.

Ah ok. I'm glad you said that Sundowner. I never checked external views with the huddata.ini edit. I'll have to check that this afternoon. I'm still looking into but i'vecompletely run out of idea's now. Also no response from TK over at TW either. I was hoping he would have at least acknowedged the problem.

Sundowner mate, your bang on with that hudata.ini fix. It does unfortunately only work on external views.

This is weird. Tried it with stock F-4D and the Buc. both Avionics60

No stutter inside cockpit, but if I turn the cockpit off with the DEL key, stutters.

Also stutturing in external views, only in some angles :blink:

I have a similar problem with stuttering & weird FPS drop spiking. Not in an Avionics60.dll plane neither, its happening on 80's craft like F-16 C Block 25. Sometimes when I go to the map view & back, I get a major FPS drop like 7 FPS. Both external & internal. Had to exit the game to get semi smooth FPS with small stuttering (2x). Was playing SF2, SF2E & SFNA. Didn't test SF2I & SF2V yet but will soon.

Falcon

Glad I've not patched yet!

Yep. One steps forward and two steps back.

If I use a high quailty pit, like the Vipers, I get it for about a min. If I use TK's,pits no matter what .dll I am fine. Also starting from the Viper pit view on a heavilty modded terrain it studdered. I took the Viper and used on a stock desert terrain, no studder. Also I started from the outside view on a heavily modded terrain, then jumped into the Viper pit and it did studder. I did the same on a stock terrain. no studder.

The Z buffer change did work though. I have always had a modded HUDDATA.ini

I just cant seem to put this on on the patch. For once this is a stable patch.