Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

Back Home....Finally

So after spending all week including my b-day (thanks for remembering it you b******s!:grin:) in Los Angeles I'm finally home. As most of the old timers know, my youngest daughter had thyroid problems a few years back and underwent surgerey for them. Well what was left of here last healthy para-thyroid packed up and quit a couple of months back and the problems returned. So.... now she's expecting her first child (which will probably be wearing a dog collar) and the baby was at risk. This meant surgery on my birthday at Ronald Reagan @ UCLA to fix the immediate danger to the baby. I think that aged me more than the last year but she and the baby are doing fine now. On the plus side I spent some quality time with my wife, Amber's boy friend stayed with her in the hospital, and we relaxed as much as we could when we were not with them. I think the hardest part of the trip was finding place that I could afford and not look like it was in COPS or rent rooms by the hour, stopped going to those places when I got out of the Navy. We found one on Santa Monica that had lets say "character", looked like it was built in the 20's and was clean and quiet. Of course Amber had never stayed in a place like that and it was fun watching her face when we went into our room.

Anyway, long week, but my baby girl and grand baby are home and fine.

My sister had thyroid problems diagnosed in 2006, and in 2008 was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. After having her thyroid completely removed it took her a while to get back to her old self but she's fine now.. Last year she was found to have more possibly cancerous traces around her lymph nodes and was scheduled for surgery last June only to find out she was pregnant! The surgery was and still is postponed but she and my new nephew are both doing fine. It's crazy how common thyroid related problems are, and it can be dangerous if not diagnosed and treated. I understand how hard it can be for a family both medically and financially and I'm glad your family is fine. It was interesting to see such a similar story you had. God Bless Man and Happy Birthday!

Edited by warthog64

Thats good to hear and happy belated birthday.

Glad everything is OK - and Happy Birthday!! :drinks:

Belated Birthday but it may have been forgotten here as the site was down!!! But on the other hand wishing you all the best with the family... :drinks: