Is there a special manner in which AGM-12 Bullpup must be delivered and aircraft flown in order for the missile to be accurate like in real life or not? Cause in my experience, no matter from what position you fire it and fly your plane afterwards, the missile has a default hit/miss ratio.

Edited by hrc

Between us, the AGM-12 remains a "dart" to place at the center of the target... it is also imprecise and difficult to reach the goal in this sim with that in real life.

Normal delivery for me for all models is generally shallow dive from about 5-6 miles out and then keep pointing at the target but this weapon was not that accurate in real life and is modeled here me I prefer to use bombs as its easier...

Same here. After the classic "nuke from orbit", it is either bombs or 5" zunis

I thought so. I still like the Bullpup, especially the C version 'cause it packs a punch, but will always carry iron bombs with it, just to make sure.:salute:

Point, Shoot, Pray??? :lol:

Point, Shoot, Pray??? :lol:

That's about right.

The bullpup is a manually guided missile where the pilot eyeballs the missile into the target by keeping an eye on the emitter flare on the back of the missile. I'm sure you can imagine how difficult this would be while flying a plane in peacetime, much less while getting shot at. This was especailly true with single seat aircraft, where the pilot would stay behind the missile so he could see it without losing his SA, but after a while the NVA figured this out and started shooting at the other end of the smoke trail.

As unreliable as the Walleye was, I'm sure there were plenty of songs being sung in its name when it finally replaced the bullpup.

Never understood why it's not a stock Third Wire weapon.