Sign in to follow this  
schurem

help needed with nato fighters on merged install

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the nato fighters expansion packages to work with my merged installation. I have Strike fighters 2 Europe, Israel, Vietnam and North atlantic with the may 2012 patch applied.

For nato fighters 4+ I downloaded a whole list of packages:

main.7z

NF4Objects.7z

NF4Aircraft1.7z

NF4Aircraft2.7z

nf4_plus_update.7z

nf4_plus_update2.7z

nf4_plus_update3.7z

nf4_plus_update41.7z

nf4_plus_update5.7z

I unpacked them in the proper order (as listed in the readme).

When I try a single mission, the game starts loading, but hangs up on 30% loading bar :nono: . What is going wrong? where can I find a crashlog or anything to diagnose the problem? :help:

There is a file in the effects folder that is killing it.

http://combatace.com...post__p__574857

Mind you these are the only two I have found so far. I am sure there is more. But do this, take your effects folder out, then see if it runs, then add it back.

Dave I reinstalled NF4+ from scratch yesterday on 5 merged install plus expansion packs patched to the May12 version. I haven't had any CTD or hang ups. I have even tried the the AV-8 without removing anything runs perfect on my rig. weird eh?

taking the entire folder out helped. :drinks: i'm now going to try swapping them back in bunches until i find the ones causeing the crash.

Thanks for the prompt response sir! :salute:

edit:

let's compare rigs: i run 64bit windows 7 on an intel core2 cpu with an ATI 6950 video board on latest drivers.

Edited by schurem

Update: I found the culprit, by copying back in the files from the effect in bunches, and then narrowing down the offending bunch as soon as i got crashes again.

On my box it was Photoflashbombeffect.ini

schurem:

Again, odd, because I have the same effect in several installs. As with Dave's problem effects, I'm not getting any CTDs because of it.

The effect does need to be updated to use the latest shaders, though.

Eric Howes

So eric, what sort of graphics hardware / driver do you use? or are these sort of bugs not that low-levelled? What bits of Strike Fighters have you got? Different mixes and matches obviously give different results.

Hey guys.

I had to remove the Effects folder for mine to stop CTDing. I tried to re-add it too bit by bit but with no luck.